NHL'94 Forums

The ovechkin vs crosby hype!

halifax

I think after that series we now all know why its crosby vs ovechkin. Those guys had tons of hype and pressure put on them and they surpassed the hype.

Ovechkin had 14 points and crosby 13 and both tied for league lead in playoff points.

I don't think anyone would've guessed that crosby would be leading the playoffs in goal by this point.

Game 7 was a dud to an other wise amazing series. I was hoping for an OT winner.

I wonder if Semin still thinks Crosby is 'nothing special'?

A couple more game 7's tonight...awwwwww yeah!

Game 7 was a dud to an other wise amazing series. I was hoping for an OT winner.

Pssshhh that wasn't a dud, it was the best game I've ever seen complete with Ovechkin taking a run at Malkin and taking out his own teammate. :P

There are 2 more game 7s tonight, can't wait to see them!

I hope even the mindless Crosby-haters were able to enjoy such an amazing playoff series. I don't call Crosby the best player on the Penguins (I give that title to Malkin, and always felt that way); however, he was certainly the best player in this series for them.

Fans need to have more respect for the game and for the players' abilities, regardless of what teams they play for. Next to Gretzky, Crosby is the hardest-working superstar I've ever seen on the ice. If he gave anything less than 100% in this series, then it's very likely it would've been a short series.

Fleury and Varlamov were also fantastic in this series. Any way you cut it, this series was an instant classic.

I certainly wouldn't mind if they play again in next season's playoffs. I'd rather have it in the Conference championship, though.

So, Boston or Carolina?

I certainly wouldn't mind if they play again in next season's playoffs. I'd rather have it in the Conference championship, though.

So, Boston or Carolina?

I told my friends when the Pens were down 0-2 in the series that they'd still win the series; likewise, I said the same thing about Boston. I think the Bruins are going to win tonight.

Bruins: 4

Hurricanes: 2

CANES!

Your work pool or here? I took the Canes too, except that I was a bit off with the game mark.