NHL'94 Forums

GENS C Finals

SuperDave

I agree, but it's gotta be done quickly. You're the only ones left.

I've seen him on aim several times and messaged him over and over and he hasn't replied. I guess I can pm him through here. Kinda annoyed at how long it's taken to get here. I haven't played a single competitive game of nhl 94 in almost 2 months, any momentum I had is gone.

I've seen him on aim several times and messaged him over and over and he hasn't replied. I guess I can pm him through here. Kinda annoyed at how long it's taken to get here. I haven't played a single competitive game of nhl 94 in almost 2 months, any momentum I had is gone.

Sorry dude... But this brings up a good issue - maybe it's time to do away with Gens C. The league was basically all new guys who were unfamiliar with the rules and deadlines, maybe it's better for new blood to go to B league, or even A if good enough, with like 18 teams instead of 12 in A 12 in B and 12 in C. That way the vets can show the rookies by example how to go about getting your games done and the importance of it. It's freaking August and Classic Spring for Gens C still hasn't been finished, pretty lame Sureshot went MIA after making the finals and my apologies to SuperDave for having stepped in when a coach was needed and finishing all the games and having the guy who is supposed to play you in the finals flake.

Sorry dude... But this brings up a good issue - maybe it's time to do away with Gens C. The league was basically all new guys who were unfamiliar with the rules and deadlines, maybe it's better for new blood to go to B league, or even A if good enough, with like 18 teams instead of 12 in A 12 in B and 12 in C. That way the vets can show the rookies by example how to go about getting your games done and the importance of it. It's freaking August and Classic Spring for Gens C still hasn't been finished, pretty lame Sureshot went MIA after making the finals and my apologies to SuperDave for having stepped in when a coach was needed and finishing all the games and having the guy who is supposed to play you in the finals flake.

I would probably keep the C league around for new players. It is a good place to learn the sites and forums. Plus it will weed out anyone who will just quit and not play a full season.

Maybe treat it like the minors and if there is anyone who drops out in B they can step right in.

Sorry dude... But this brings up a good issue - maybe it's time to do away with Gens C. The league was basically all new guys who were unfamiliar with the rules and deadlines, maybe it's better for new blood to go to B league, or even A if good enough, with like 18 teams instead of 12 in A 12 in B and 12 in C.

Gens C is good for new players so that they aren't thrown into a league where they stand no chance against veterans. Also, it's nice having 3 leagues because this allows all coaches to get good teams. Since Classic is not a draft league, it is better this way because everyone has a chance to win. No one wants to be stuck with Ottawa or any other sucky team in a league where you are brand new and playing against some good veterans who have a team like Chicago.

Alot of new guys, if you notice, don't start off out of the box with good records. What happens? They go 0-10 and decide playing NHL94 online is not for them. They leave, and then that team needs a new coach, and who wants to start off with an 0-10 team in a 40 game season? If the leagues were combined into 2, this situation would happen more often. There are only a few new guys who come out of the box and play well, or finish out a dismal season and congrats to them.

Really, in the end, it depends on how many guys sign up. This is the real factor determining how the leagues are made, and how the divisions, conferences, etc. are set up. It gives everyone a chance.

And, as a matter of fact, GENS-A was the league that was slacking the most when it came down to playing games this season.

Fall season always runs smoother, because everyone has hockey fever and no one is going on vacation.

I know Sureshot has been around most of the season and playoffs. I'll PM him and let him know. Fall season registration will start soon, and we need this done.

I remember before Fall Classic 07 that it was just A and B. They broke A and B up to A B C D - A and B were supposed to be both "A" caliber but the difference was that A league had about 16 teams playing 40 games and B league had about 10-12 teams that played 20 games, C and D were the "B" guys under the same concept. I guess it's good for new guys not to get thrashed on, but just because you're a rookie doesn't mean you can't be good enough at 94 to sign on and demolish through C. The other reason I like the big league idea is when you sign on and 0/11 people from you're league are signed in half the time you are around things are boring, more coaches makes it fun in the sense that you don't play the same guys you always play 6 times in a season when you could play them 3 times and someone new 3 times. AND maybe people will quit because they are going 0-10 but Houli's veteran status didn't keep him from quitting with the Sharks in Gens B either. I went 0-10 my first classic season Sebe and Icestorm will attest - 3 years later I'm still playing just because 94 is my childhood favorite game. Just saying...

Edited by kupuck19