NHL'94 Forums

Vancouver Canucks farm team goes to Chicago Wolves lol

hokkeefan

I couldn't believe it when my friend told me about this! Now I read it's true. So weird how things work sometimes. Well, the Wolves have a very very passionate fan base so the Canucks have just made a major improvement to their farm team in my opinion. And the reason the Wolves have such a good program and so many loyal fans is because all those years the Hawks were off the map in the Chicagoland area. I mean, seriously, the Wolves were wayyy more popular than the Hawks for a lot of years. Up until they drafted Seabrook, Keith, Kane and Toews and they started playing. Around that time. The Hawks then went and snagged Pat Foley, play by play announcer, from the Wolves (who originally worked for the Hawks) and right after that is when they were the #2 hockey team to watch in Chicagoland area.

I really wonder if this will affect the program with the fans knowing it is affiliated with the Canucks. A big rivalry has been born between both teams. I'm gonna keep my eye on this and post any new info I might read.

• 1 month later...