NHL'94 Forums

Blitz 06 - Season 6 started!

smozoma

Ready, Set, Go!

The season is starting now!

For those who are new....

YOU MUST UPLOAD YOUR SAVEGAME TO THE WEBSITE FOR YOUR GAME TO COUNT.

Refresh yourself with the Rules/How To Play/etc

Website

1. The league website is http://www.blitz94.com
    • Use the "A" and "B" league links at the very top of the page to switch the mode of the page, depending on which league you are in.

[*]You can check your schedule and upload games from http://www.blitz94.com/upload.aspx

Your password is the same as your username (check the Standings for it). If you want it changed, just tell me the new password you want to use.

Emulator, Saving, and Uploading Your Game

1. You need a custom emulator that can save during netplay:
  2. Get one of these emulators:

[*]When your game is over, go to "File->Quick Save (F5)" and save your game. You need to upload that save file to the website for your game to count. The F5 key doesn't work in Kega, but you can use the File menu.

[*]More details on uploading your game

Schedule

You have 4 games against every other team. For the first week, the upload slots are only available for 2 games against each coach. Because I like it that way :P

Deadlines/Checkpoints

I'll be more strict this season, but not the same as Classic. Will come up with a system in the next few days.

The ROM

The ROM is available from the Blitz 94 downloads page, at the top.

ROM Details:

• NEW: Goalie control delay countdown changed from 17 to 12 (~333ms to ~250ms according to swos's experiments).
  • Champions screen shows the past "A" and "B" Stanley Cup winners.
  • Dave Andreychuk is the cover players this season, due to leading both leagues in goals and points last season in both the regular season and the playoffs, and making the "B" finals. (although, appearance-wise, this is probably my least favourite cover.. not a good colour-scheme)
  • Teams belonging to the champs are the default teams (except CHI replaces BUF due to swos giving up his team).
  • Weight bug / check fix
  • Per-player check tracking
  • Assist bug fix
  • Updated Three Stars formula (goalies get stars once in a while without a shutout)
  • Random Edit Lines bonuses removed (but the players still have hot/cold bonuses when on the ice)
  • Goalies can roam a little bit farther without the puck (just a little bit)
  • Slightly longer goalie whistle (2.67s instead of 2.33)
  • Plus-Minus

• Team bytes set:
    • Offense: Strongest
    • Defense: Strongest
    • PP: Average
    • PK: Strong
    • Home: Strong
    • Away: Average

[*]30-team ROM (thanks clockwise)

[*]Improved graphics (player shading, stick tape, etc) (thanks clockwise, swos)

[*]Player card pictures set up

[*]Preserved the "goalie byte" values (I have no clue if they actually do anything, though)

[*]Team overalls based on the overall ratings of the players on the team (weighted average favouring the ratings of your top players)

[*]Playoff draws edited so that you can do a playoffs against the other teams in your league (the finals will be vs a team from the other league, though!)

[*]Credits edited - thanks to xdeathsbloodx and mcarthurbsu33 for doing the rosters and some graphics editing, respectively.

Dude, the download link for the Season 6 rom isn't updated yet. It gives out the one from Season 5.

Dude, the download link for the Season 6 rom isn't updated yet. It gives out the one from Season 5.

whoops.

fixed.

the file was there, i just forgot to update the link target when i did the link text.