NHL'94 Forums

SDL 2nd season Draft question

pondhcky1

For some reason I thought there was a 4 hour time limit per pick - let me know if I'm wrong. It just seems that we're back to people taking their sweet time - whereas there should have been a couple of skipped picks already. Just want this draft to be on track and not lag on for weeks.

The 4 hour limit idea is a tough one, because you could leave for the day after making your pick, and then the next round of picks could go unexpectedly fast and all of a sudden you're on the clock for 4 hours and have no way of knowing it because you're away from a computer for the day.

I think the best way to do it is what my fantasy hockey league does. You give each person a one hour timeslot during the day (eg: between 10AM to 12AM) - or 1/2 hour. Then they know when each of their picks are due and can schedule their time accordingly, or send in a list.

If they don't make a pick, they are automatically assigned, for example, the next available player with the highest OVR rating (or it could be 5th best or 10th best to give more of a penalty).

From my experience, the drafting usually gets ahead of the deadlines quite a bit.

it would look something like this:

coach: pick due:

A 10AM

B 11AM

C 12PM

D 1PM

D 2PM

C 3PM

B 4PM

A 5PM

and so on..

The whole schedule would be posted at the start of the process.

You could get through about one round a day or you could do 1/2 hour intervals and get through 2 rounds a day and be done in 6 days total.

Guest Houli

For some reason I thought there was a 4 hour time limit per pick - let me know if I'm wrong. It just seems that we're back to people taking their sweet time - whereas there should have been a couple of skipped picks already. Just want this draft to be on track and not lag on for weeks.

yesterday cj pick is more than 4hours waiting,i dont understand why i have a penalty today <_<

every to for have English maybe not communicate several.