NHL'94 Forums

GENS B - Dynamo11 wins Presidents Trophy!

dynamo11

I would like to thank everyone for playing this year! It was an intense season and the battle for the #1 seed was brutal! With 6 games remaining on my schedule I stood at 25-9 needing to win my last 6 games in a row to capture the Presidents Trophy. 4 against Toronto and 2 in Montreal! I didn't think I had a shot but somehow I won all 6 and pulled it out! After somehow sweeping Toronto, the last 2 games were against prorob (Montreal) at the forum. After winning the first game and achieving my goal of a 30 win season, I set out to win The Presidents Trophy! It was an incredibly tight defensive game until the 3rd when I went up 1-0. Then, with just over a minute left, Steen scored to make it 2-0! But on the following faceoff Montreal won the draw, and scored on a 2 on 1 to make the game 2-1 with 1:06 left!

Montreal pulled the goalie and after a scramble in front, Steen gathered the puck in an scored the empty netter! 3-1 final!

So the season ends with Winnipeg winning the #1 seed, at 31 wins. Where's my Presidents Trophy?!?!?! :D

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE AND NOW ON TO THE PLAYOFFS!!!

Congrats mate. From the first exhibs we played it was immediately obvious you were A league quality. Well done on a good season, and I look forward to never seeing your damn "rebound goal" ever again :P

Yeah that last game was definitely a wild one. Savard was out for most of the game, Lebeau was out for a period, I believe Brisebois was out for a period, and no powerplay goals.

The Jets gooned it up and won :-)

Well-deserved #1 seed though. Congrats.

Edited by PRoBob38