NHL'94 Forums

Robbie and Plabax discussion

PlabaxV2

After Robbie was done letting his daughter play, we played a league game.

I won 10-2 and Robbie complained that there was no way I could lose in best of 7 and that A league should be bigger, and him, Dickon and Sicarius are the real Top B players.

His logic was that TomKabs and I are breezing through the league so they made a mistake not putting TomKabs and I in B.

He says that it's stupid because B league winner is always an Average A player.

But he also said xdeathsbloodx breezed through B, this doesn't make sense because :

How come since I'm breezing through the league there is no chance of me losing but xdeathsbloodx can breeze and lose to Robbie in 6?

He says they all knew there was no point of Gens B last year because everyone knew dynamo was going to win.

He says the mistake is sad because Sicarius never had a good classic (36-4 isn't good enough for Robbie) and that he's top of the B while Dickon is average B (even after he said he was top) and he was being put in A

According to him you have to ask all the B players who is in A or else it becomes a comedy because the A league is too small and the B league is too small.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My point of view

Robbie just thinks he should be top of the B league every year despite the fact that:

- He never improves

- He can only score in one way, one timer

- Always makes excuses when he loses

Why does he expect to win B so much? Someone who has to make excuses all the time when he loses is not worthy. If he really has all this bad luck, when he is on his game he should be the best player ever since he never loses cleanly.

And why does he sign up knowing I'm going to be in B? He says he was hoping for a championship run but he also knows nobody can beat me in 7.

Robert Harrington SUCKS

Edited by PlabaxV2

Yawn.

Shame you got practically ALL the facts wrong. 1st off, I hardly play now, so there's no chance of me winning B. That's not what it's about. Plus i've taken LA this season, a team which only the better players can really be effective with.

Now, lets respond to the points you made here, which i'm surprised you managed to get wrong seeing as I explained all this last night.

1) "A league should be bigger, and him, Dickon and Sicarius are the real Top B players."

I never said I was one of the top B players. Dcicon & Sicarius certainly. Eggink too. But because there's not the enormous difference between Sicarius or Dcicon & other B players, everyone fancies their chances, even if they know someone else is better than they are, it's not worlds apart.

As for A league being bigger, I think it should be done as it is described: A league = advanced players B League = Intermediate players C league = Beginner players. The guys who go into C league & are above beginner level (i.e. Wittgenstein) would therefore be up in B, so B would not be reduced to just a handful of players.

2) "His logic was that TomKabs and I are breezing through the league so they made a mistake not putting TomKabs and I in B. He says that it's stupid because B league winner is always an Average A player." Yeah. Seems logical to me. If you have a 30 game season in B it was obviously not a great challenge to you, and yes, I do feel that the B league is used as a "proving ground" for the A league, so us genuine B leaguers.........who never improve, don't get a genuine chance to play for the championship because there's always an obvious A league guy in the making there blitzing us all on his way to getting promoted the following season, when he already has the ability to go straight there.

3) "But he also said xdeathsbloodx breezed through B, this doesn't make sense because :

How come since I'm breezing through the league there is no chance of me losing but xdeathsbloodx can breeze and lose to Robbie in 6?"

There were 2 main factors in me getting past xdeath in last seasons semi-final: 1) He was using Philly & I was using Detroit, so I had a big team advantage. 2) He was coming off a long break from 94 when we played that series, so he was a little out of practise. There's no doubt he'd already proven himself A league standard by placing #1 seed in Blitz B shortly before with a great record, and then doing a 30 game season with Philly!

4) "He says the mistake is sad because Sicarius never had a good classic (36-4 isn't good enough for Robbie) and that he's top of the B while Dickon is average B (even after he said he was top) and he was being put in A"

OK, we seem to be struggling to put English sentences together now, but what I think you're saying is about Sicarius' 36-4 season in Classic C. This kinda backs up my point. We all knew Sicarius was already a B standard player when he was placed in C. Wookie & Rammer were also clearly top level B players when they first got here, but were placed in C, so the 3 of them had huge winning seasons...............much like you & Tomkabs are having now. They should have been identified as B level players & put straight in there, giving them more competitive seasons, and the true "Beginners" in C a chance at winning the title at their own level.

Dcicon is a very good player, but his recent A seasons, including a huge losing Blitz 07, added to his recent results against current B players shows he has every right to play in B, because he's not an incredible distance ahead of the B guys, and hasn't been particularly competitive in A in his past few seasons.

4) "According to him you have to ask all the B players who is in A or else it becomes a comedy because the A league is too small and the B league is too small."

I don't remember saying that, but if I did I would have said it in a coherent way. What I did say was that speaking to both A & B leaguers will help identify which players ready to be placed in B are clearly way ahead of B level & ready to be competitive, even if not at the top of A, and equally, which guys ready to be placed in C (Like Wittgenstein & the other guy who's been winning a lot there) are clearly above C level and can be started off right away in B.

5) "Robbie just thinks he should be top of the B league every year despite the fact that:

- He never improves

- He can only score in one way, one timer

- Always makes excuses when he loses

Why does he expect to win B so much?"

I don't think I should be top of the B league. Never said I should be. My point was that against real B players like Sicarius, Eggink, Minpind, ProBob I think I have a sporting chance even if I think they're better than me, so i'm in with a shout whoever my opponent is. That's what the B league should be isn't it? Guys against their own level? Yeah, my skills are going backwards. Just started a new job, spend 3 hours commuting every day, currently moving house, daughter to take care of (Hence prefering to go to play with her if she's shouting and screaming at me rather than playing '94). These things prevent me from spending hours every day trying to improve now, unlike when I started here a couple of years ago. But what's that got to do with anything? I've every right to sign up & play just as much as the top guys who can dedicate more time to it.

Why do I expect to win in B so much? I don't, but I expect I can be competitive against B players..................which for the most part I can. Against A players I can't be.

Why do I make excuses? Against the likes of you & Tomkabs I don't. I'm really pleased with how I did against you guys in all 6 games. I took you to OT 1 game & had some closeish ones vs Tomkabs. The 10-2 against you yesterday was the only time I got blown away, but i'm fine with it cos I don't expect to beat players of your level. I've enjoyed how i've done with LA so far despite not winning yet. Looking forward to seeing how I do against the other B guys as i've only played you, Tomkabs & 2 vs Sicarius who I think is the best B leaguer right now.

6) "And why does he sign up knowing I'm going to be in B? He says he was hoping for a championship run but he also knows nobody can beat me in 7"

Now you're getting my point! I would consider not bothering in future if I saw guys way above B level being put in B. For me it drains the fun out of it if you know the best you can genuinly hope for is a sporting chance at a semi-final spot because a couple of guys are way above the level of everyone else. The whole point of Classic B is = Intermediate players. Like I said, if B is used as the "proving ground" for guys we know in advance are going to be in A the following season that kind of feels like us genuine B guys are making the numbers up.

Anyway, surprised to see this post. I gave you all this reasoning last night on AIM. You could have just checked that..................oh, wait:

"No need for this thread. Let's get a little more mature here."

Think you might be on to something King, but then Plabax is still a schoolboy, so I guess it's understandable.

but I'm a tool because I don't play onlag with you clowns?! classy bunch.

I feel bad for those leaguers that play their games -- while trying to win -- and move on to the next, win or lose. all of this "whaa, whaa, my pussy hurts" bullshit is ridiculous. "my pearl is bigger than yours" is a wasteful argument. A, B, C? who cares. try to win and save the drama for Obama or my momma. sure, the sand is irritating, but rubbing it is just going to inflame your vulva.

show some fucking respect for the game and cut the shit before you all end up like Mav.

but I'm a tool because I don't play onlag with you clowns?! classy bunch.

I feel bad for those leaguers that play their games -- while trying to win -- and move on to the next, win or lose. all of this "whaa, whaa, my pussy hurts" bullshit is ridiculous. "my pearl is bigger than yours" is a wasteful argument. A, B, C? who cares. try to win and save the drama for Obama or my momma. sure, the sand is irritating, but rubbing it is just going to inflame your vulva.

show some fucking respect for the game and cut the shit before you all end up like Mav.

Hmmm. Not sure. Thought I made my points in quite a rational & reasoned way?................unlike you, which is surprising because you usually make such great arguments yourself that we all take so seriously! :haha:

Seems a genuine issue to discuss to me.

Maybe you just wanted to give Plabax a lesson in internet trolling?

Here are some things Robbie has done :

-Was the one who TOLD ME that I would be in B league

- Said he was hoping for a championship run

- Has made plenty of excuses against me, he said whenever he presses poke check it makes his defenders turn 180 degrees

- Said Dcicon was average B player

How did I get the facts wrong? You are the one saying I have 30 wins.

You think I'm so good at NHL 94 you probably get a boner when you get a chance to play with me. When you have no confidence how do you expect to win? You praise me like a god but we went to OT last week, so how am I miles ahead if I almost lost to someone who has NO chance of winning Gens B?

Not too long ago Robbie beat TomKabs 10-3, no problems there of course.

Why would it bother you if you can't win because of TomKabs and I, when you say you are not good enough to win anyways?

If that's not what it's about then why are you considering quitting? Dont bother if you can't win at all

Here are some things Robbie has done :

-Was the one who TOLD ME that I would be in B league What?! How would I know?!! lol

- Said he was hoping for a championship run I said I would have hoped for a chance, which against the "B" leaguers I would have. Certainly not guaranteed, but a chance. I think ALL the other B leaguers would say the same

- Has made plenty of excuses against me, he said whenever he presses poke check it makes his defenders turn 180 degrees Again..........What??!!!! LOL. Why would pressing poke check make the guys turn 180 degrees?!! haha. I do find at times that you can line up a poke & when you press B it can change to a dman nowhere near the puck carrier

- Said Dcicon was average B player Dcicon is a top B player, having come from A. What I said is like I stated above, his recent A seasons & results against B regulars would show he's not miles ahead..........................which is why he's come down to B.

How did I get the facts wrong? I really have no idea You are the one saying I have 30 wins Where did I say that? I said if you do a 30 game season in B you were obviously too good for B..........like xdeath & Dynamo last season, & like Sicarius, Wookie & Rammer in C 2 seasons ago.

You think I'm so good at NHL 94 you probably get a boner when you get a chance to play with me Funny how the insults come out when you're getting made to look silly isn't it? Trudatman often plays the same tactic When you have no confidence how do you expect to win? You praise me like a god but we went to OT last week, so how am I miles ahead if I almost lost to someone who has NO chance of winning Gens B? I have confidence against other B players. Anyone can beat anyone in this game on a one off. I've beaten Carse, Zalex, Kingraph, Icestorm etc in exhibs, but I know i'm nowhere near their level. I wouldn't bet on myself against any of them over a 7 game series.

Not too long ago Robbie beat TomKabs 10-3, no problems there of course. Tomkabs, like you has made major, and rapid progress since then. That result has no bearing on his ability now.

Why would it bother you if you can't win because of TomKabs and I, when you say you are not good enough to win anyways? As I explained, it seems to me that B is not B at all. It's the A league proving ground, meaning us B leaguers are just here for you A wannabes to show you're good enough to be there, which you & Tomkabs will be next season. Still not getting it? I have no problem with you & Tomkabs. No issue at all. I just think you're A leaguers playing in B. I've no problem with Wittgenstein, I just think he's a B leaguer playing in C. This is nothing personal. I don't blame you & Tomkabs. Good luck to you. Play where you're put. You're missing my point & presuming this is some sort of attack on you. It isn't.

If that's not what it's about then why are you considering quitting? Dont bother if you can't win at all See above points

.............Wow. You're really good at this!!! Keep going. See if you can say something I can't make a sensible response to.