NHL'94 Forums

Why I feel like I'm being harassed

roccopan

I realize everyone is super excited about the new season and everything, which is great. This little community is growing quickly and it's nice that we're all able to relive a part of our childhood online through the magic of the internet.

But I think some people here are getting a little carried away.

I realize you're excited, we're all excited. But we're just over a week into the season and some people have almost completed their 40 game schedule and are almost literally harassing me to play games.

If we've played our games this month, and I say:

"lets wait and play our next months games next month".

A simple:

"okay"

would be sufficient. None of this "why not? lets play now, what’s the big deal?" garbage please. I've spoken to a few others who share the same sentiment.

There is lots of time if you space things out and have a good time. If you finish 40 games now, you're going to be awfully bored the next 2 months my friends.

With that, have a good season, see you on the ice.

Good topic. I've completed just 9/40 of my games and even I have asked myself if I've maybe played a few too many so far out of excitement about the new season, and if I'm going to be leaving myself enough games to enjoy say in late October. It's true, people who almost have their season completed already are going to be bored this time next month!

Of course, last year we had the opposite problem, at least in the SNES League. Most of us didn't complete all 40 of our games, and then we remember the torturous snail's pace at which the playoffs moved.

Guest BSDaemon

Yeah, I made that mistake last season. I played so many games so quickly, that I did nothing for the last month of the season because I was done. That sucked...

Part of the reason my record was so horrible, too. If I'd lose, I'd want to play again and again and again... when really I should have taken a break, or played some exhibitions. I was too new to playing nhl94 online, and I'd only ever played nhl94 on the snes with one other person before, and he only ever used one team. So I got demolished when I came here

I realize everyone is super excited about the new season and everything, which is great. This little community is growing quickly and it's nice that we're all able to relive a part of our childhood online through the magic of the internet.

But I think some people here are getting a little carried away.

I realize you're excited, we're all excited. But we're just over a week into the season and some people have almost completed their 40 game schedule and are almost literally harassing me to play games.

If we've played our games this month, and I say:

"lets wait and play our next months games next month".

A simple:

"okay"

would be sufficient. None of this "why not? lets play now, what’s the big deal?" garbage please. I've spoken to a few others who share the same sentiment.

There is lots of time if you space things out and have a good time. If you finish 40 games now, you're going to be awfully bored the next 2 months my friends.

With that, have a good season, see you on the ice.

.People join this league cause they love to play nhl94 and thats probably why there itchin to play there games. :) and please no more whining :lol:

Guest BSDaemon
.People join this league cause they love to play nhl94 and thats probably why there itchin to play there games. :D and please no more whining ;)

Who is whining?

Also some people arn't on very much so if you see someone they might not be on for a week so you see someone you try to playthem when there on before you can't

I do agree with this... some guys you see online so rarely, that you want to get your games in...

I think everyone might as well play as often as u like. Who says the season has to take 2months.

Uhh... because if you don't take two months, you'll have a bored 2nd month....

why would you be bored dont you have friends to play?

Right, and I think that was my original point. Play some practice games, get good, have a good time.

But when someone says, "no, I dont want to play our season games right now", just leave it at that, go play with your "friends"

Right, and I think that was my original point. Play some practice games, get good, have a good time.

But when someone says, "no, I dont want to play our season games right now", just leave it at that, go play with your "friends"

sounds like you have some issues maybe you should block this person or just play him and you wont have to hear from him again :D

Guest BSDaemon
sounds like you have some issues maybe you should block this person or just play him and you wont have to hear from him again :D

I don't think he has issues at all. He is completely right. Please stop trolling, it's not welcome here. Take it to another forum, or to PM. Thanks.

trolls.png

;)

Exactly.

yes i understand his point theres a person bugging him too much to play a game and yes if they say wait til next month you should be understanding and say c u later but you are in minority for playing a game here and there im sure about 2/3 of these players would like to have more season games ...maybe a good idea for future is to have a casual league and hardcore league,meaning more games for the hardcore.......bsdaemon i meant he has issues with anxious players :D

I don't think he has issues at all. He is completely right. Please stop trolling, it's not welcome here. Take it to another forum, or to PM. Thanks.

trolls.png

Of all the people to tell *him* to stop trolling. Wow.... you never cease to amaze me. Oh, nice excuse for your shitty record last season btw :D

Now, for my 2 cents on this. If I was having trouble finding someone for league games I would definately press the issue and try to get them to play. If they REALLY don't want to though there isn't really a whole lot you can do. Just post in the schedule a game forum that you tried to play your games so when the end of the season arrives you get the wins for any unplayed games.

Rocco... I just hope you don't end up with unplayed games against him at the end of the season.... cause you lose those. If this guy is really annoying you that much then just block him until next month, unblock him, play your games, and block him again. That's what I do with 1 certain player in the SNES A league that REALLY annoys me (I won't name names).

rudy

Guest BSDaemon
Of all the people to tell *him* to stop trolling. Wow.... you never cease to amaze me. Oh, nice excuse for your shitty record last season btw :D

Yes, trolling people are irritating.

And yes, it is a nice excuse. Not practicing is a pretty darn good reason for having a shitty record.

And YOU should really stop being a dick. Get over yourself. Your attitude isn't welcome here.

Guys I don't want to be the mother here but please, it needs to stop. Every thread on this forum is an advertisement for people looking into our league, and a flame war isn't going to help build any sort of community. Since the beginning of all the internets there has been people who disagree or have a tougher time getting along with eachother, but frankly, it doesnt need to showup here. I don't think we need to get into the habit of editing posts or locking threads, but I will talk to certain members about the problem. If it persists, we'll have to work out another solution ;) .

I don't expect everyone to be best friends but we are men who love nhl94 and that love binds us together. If you have a complaint about a certain user, please forward it to either Evan or myself and I promise that we will look into it. Either way the cleaner we can keep these forums the better for all of us in the long run i think :D

/mother

Guys I don't want to be the mother here but please, it needs to stop.

Sorry mom :D

I meant the thread light-heartedly, obviously it was taken personally.

Might as well move it or delete it, it serves no purpose anymore I guess.

Yea these threads really have to stop.

Rocco I don't think you have to apologize for anything. Anyway... BSDaemon.. are you saying you're withdrawing from this forum? I'll delete your account but to me that means you're leaving this community.

Please confirm.

Guest BSDaemon
Yea these threads really have to stop.

Rocco I don't think you have to apologize for anything. Anyway... BSDaemon.. are you saying you're withdrawing from this forum? I'll delete your account but to me that means you're leaving this community.

Please confirm.

I'm just here to play NHL94 with some people who also enjoy playing the game. Since I don't have a team, and aren't playing in the league, and would have to listen to unneeded comments if I was playing in the league, what's the point?

When somebody comes on here with a perfectly valid point - whether you agree with that point or not - there is no need for anyone to suggest somebody else "has issues". That is complete bullshit, and completely unneccesary. I don't get it, what is up with the people on this forum? It's like everyone has an obsession with taking jabs at everyone else.

YES my record last season sucked s**t. SO WHAT? I can acknowledge what I did wrong, which was that I played too many games all without practicing - eg. after losing a game I'd be so upset with myself that I would play again to try to make up for it (kinda like going double or nothing when you lose your money in a bet, and losing again). Apparenly by acknowleding the reasons for my shitty record, I'm suddenly making excuses? Get over yourselves. At least I hung in there and finished all my games, long after all hope was lost of making the playoffs, because I wanted to get better.

@ Rocco: Don't apologize for ANYTHING. This thread has significant value, because it's an issue that should be addressed. If somebody doesn't want to play you, DONT PANIC. Go post in the forum saying you're looking for that person. If they never come online again, you win the game. For those who don't want to play NHL everytime somebody asks, do what was mentioned by rudy and block the person until month 2.

So yes, if people can't grow up and just have some fun playing a video game, then I don't want to be part of this community anymore.

Now I just have to sit back and wait for the snarky comments that are all too common here. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cr0ssbar94
I don't get it, what is up with the people on this forum? It's like everyone has an obsession with taking jabs at everyone else.

Uh last season when I posted about my record with San Jose you made a comment to the effect of "Who really cares".

Just sayin' I thought that was kind of an out of the blue jab for no apparent reason so pots and black and all that... :(