NHL'94 Forums

SNES Playoffs posted

gesundheit39

Playoffs are now posted for both SNES A and B. Feel free to e-mail your opponent and get started on the first round. Evan will be e-mailing everyone about the playoffs as well as the deadline (probably November 15th) for first round games.

Also, in a number of cases the Admins adjusted playoff seeding to be different than the standings show. This is because certain teams had a lot of unplayed games and were possibly placed lower to give the guys who worked hard to play their games more credit than the current standings gave them.

Now I'm going to say this preemptively before people start to comment...If you have a problem with this seeding, I understand that because it's not a perfect system. We feel we made good choices based on what we had to work with. Feel free to constructively criticize and discuss at will as that is what this forum is meant for.

HOWEVER, what we WILL NOT tolerate any further is the open bashing and negative tone that has occurred in many of the preceding posts regarding this matter. This is not something that we do for a full-time job, this is something we have put together for the enjoyment of all, in our FREE time. We are learning from mistakes made and evolving the site and systems in place to improve this league to be even more fun than it already is, (and at least for me, despite losing on a frequent basis, NHL94 is pretty damn fun) Many of you appreciate our hard work, and we are happy that you do.

Others have voiced displeasure on one or many occasions. As I said before, channel your displeasure into a brainstorming thread of what can be done to improve the league. If you have insights, share them with us. BUT MAKE SURE you leave out the snarky comments when you do so. If you have a negatively worded post, it's not going to be taken as seriously as it would otherwise have been. If you want to rant about how unfair this system is, you are NOT HELPING and you have a choice to make about whether you want to be a part of this community or not. Realize that there are better ways to effect change than to rail on us for putting together a crappy league.

Whether you are happy or discontent with the league as it stands today, we hope you decide to contribute to our efforts to improve the community and the league. We appreciate, and will need your assistance even moreso as this league grows.

Thanks for listening.

Playoffs are now posted for both SNES A and B. Feel free to e-mail your opponent and get started on the first round. Evan will be e-mailing everyone about the playoffs as well as the deadline (probably November 15th) for first round games.

Also, in a number of cases the Admins adjusted playoff seeding to be different than the standings show. This is because certain teams had a lot of unplayed games and were possibly placed lower to give the guys who worked hard to play their games more credit than the current standings gave them.

Now I'm going to say this preemptively before people start to comment...If you have a problem with this seeding, I understand that because it's not a perfect system. We feel we made good choices based on what we had to work with. Feel free to constructively criticize and discuss at will as that is what this forum is meant for.

HOWEVER, what we WILL NOT tolerate any further is the open bashing and negative tone that has occurred in many of the preceding posts regarding this matter. This is not something that we do for a full-time job, this is something we have put together for the enjoyment of all, in our FREE time. We are learning from mistakes made and evolving the site and systems in place to improve this league to be even more fun than it already is, (and at least for me, despite losing on a frequent basis, NHL94 is pretty damn fun) Many of you appreciate our hard work, and we are happy that you do.

Others have voiced displeasure on one or many occasions. As I said before, channel your displeasure into a brainstorming thread of what can be done to improve the league. If you have insights, share them with us. BUT MAKE SURE you leave out the snarky comments when you do so. If you have a negatively worded post, it's not going to be taken as seriously as it would otherwise have been. If you want to rant about how unfair this system is, you are NOT HELPING and you have a choice to make about whether you want to be a part of this community or not. Realize that there are better ways to effect change than to rail on us for putting together a crappy league.

Whether you are happy or discontent with the league as it stands today, we hope you decide to contribute to our efforts to improve the community and the league. We appreciate, and will need your assistance even moreso as this league grows.

Thanks for listening.

Very well said...this should be on the front page of both sites so that everyone reads it...especially new members coming in

Thanks for listening.

i for one agree and the important thing is people realize that if everyone played most of their games that this would happen alot less, thanks for the great job guys, i def appreciate what u guys do and people need to voice that more rather then complain

good luck in the playoffs all

Playoffs are ready to be played- YES!

I have a very tough task in the first round but I accept my fate and I accept this challenge.

shakazuzu, let's open these playoffs in style with The Battle of Quebec: PART TWO.

Oh, and I'll add my first round playoff predictions for the A League.

EAST

(1) Quebec vs (8) Montreal- I have a rule that I don't bet on any series I'm involved in, and will be sticking to it. All I'll say is that it could go either way.

(2) Pittsburgh vs (7) Buffalo - PITTSBURGH IN 5. Yes BSDaemon, I'm giving you one. :P Biff has found his game again and he should by and large cruise through this opening round.

(3) Hartford vs (6) NY Rangers- I've got Schwartz in 6 games here.

(4) Philadelphia vs (5) Boston- Going with McMarkis and his Flyers, in five games. Boston's coach is still relatively new at the online play. I think he'll be a great coach in this league next season. He is a natural at video hockey games, but he's not ready to take down a vet like McMarkis just yet, even if the latter is saddled with an ass team.

WEST

(1) Detroit vs (8) Calgary - Going to surprise some by going with Detroit in as many as 6. Lethal can be tricky. He beat me this season and also beat the94kid. I think Rudy advances, but not without a bit of a fight.

(2) Los Angeles vs (7) Edmonton - I hvaen't seen Slimeball in ages, so this could be a forfeit win for LA. But let's assume Slimeball shows up. If he does, I say Edmonton in 7. Fenty when he's on his game is as good as Slime, but Fenty is a Jekyll and Hyde player.

(3) Winnipeg vs (6) Vancouver - Pokerchamp and his Jets are more consistent, Blazer sometimes has goaltending issues, going Jets in 6.

(4) Chicago vs (5) St. Louis- Either this series or mine against shakazuzu stands to be the most intriguing first round matchup. The defending champ JotaC had a mediocre season, a Stanley Cup hangover if you will, and his punishment is an extremely tough first round opponent in Mike. Two unbelievably closely-matched opponents, and their facing off in rd 1 shows how tight the West was this year and how many good players it had in it.

Mike's defence is awesome, Jota's a great all-around player and has a ton of playoff experience from last year's run, as well as having proven he can play under pressure. This is as close as it gets. But I'm going to say that Jota pays for his mediocre (by his standards) season, and Chicago wins in SEVEN very tight games. Lots of one-goal games in this series.

Good luck boys!

If Deer posts his predictions, so am I. I'm 3-0 in Gens btw.

SNES A - Wales

(1) Quebec (32-6-2) vs. (8) Montreal (3-25-0-12) - Quebec in 5

(2) Pittsburgh (29-8-3) vs. (7) Buffalo (4-22-0-14) - Pittsburgh in 4

(3) Hartford (24-10-6) vs. (6) N.Y. Rangers (16-11-4-9) - Hartford in 5

(4) Philadelphia (15-13-9-3) vs. (5) Boston (18-16-6) - Boston in 6

SNES A - Campbell

(1) Detroit (31-8-1) vs. (8) Calgary (4-20-0-16) - Detroit in 5

(2) Los Angeles (15-15-0-10) vs. (7) Edmonton (6-14-0-20) - Los Angeles in 4

(3) Winnipeg (26-14) vs. (6) Vancouver (8-15-0-17) - Winnipeg in 4

(4) Chicago (22-11-1-6) vs. (5) St. Louis (11-15-0-14) - Chicago in 6