NHL'94 Forums

shorter seasons and playoffs

hokkeefan

just an idea but it would take the crazy long waits away if you had shorter seasons like 25 gms and best of 5 series except finals to get things going cuz these waits are ridiculous .a player shouldnt have to wait MONTHS to play any games.like cmon MONTHS. SHORTIN THINGS UP and everyone will be kept active and satisfied !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and maybe in playoffs go best of 3 in 1st round then best of 5 2nd round and 7 from there

I actually don't mind the length of the season. However, it would be cool if we started the draft a week after the playoffs began. It would keep the interest level high and even while the playoffs were going on, people could start practice on a new preseason rom. Of course, this is only possible if the admin can fit this into his schedule. It might be a lot for one person to handle. If there would be any way I could help, I would be willing to do it to keep us going strong.

The playoffs should stay at 7 games imo. When people finally decide to play their series it takes just over an hour anyway. These playoffs are going pretty slow, which is skewing a bit how smooth the season actually was.

I also hope that we can get the the next draft and season underway pretty soon. A lot of owners have been inactive for quite awhile and are itching to play league games again. It seems like we have a really good group of players so there should be no problem getting the games in once we are able to.

hey guys,

next season i will crack down on the playoffs so we don't have this delay. honestly the reason i have let it slide like this is because i don't currently have the time to start the draft up even if the playoffs were finished. i set the deadline around march 3 because that's when i expect to have more time to dedicate to the league. hang in there, we do have a solid group of owners, and i fully expect season 2 to be a success.

and yes any help i can get will be appreciated once i get going again.

hey guys,

next season i will crack down on the playoffs so we don't have this delay. honestly the reason i have let it slide like this is because i don't currently have the time to start the draft up even if the playoffs were finished. i set the deadline around march 3 because that's when i expect to have more time to dedicate to the league. hang in there, we do have a solid group of owners, and i fully expect season 2 to be a success.

and yes any help i can get will be appreciated once i get going again.

D, I think I speak for everyone when it comes to understanding how time can become a luxury at certain times during the year. And why shouldn't season 2 be a success? Season 1 has already been a great accomplishment. It speaks volumes that so many are excited to participate in what you've produced for another season. Moreover, it's great to see guys that want to assist you as well (myself included) so that you're having as much as fun running this league as we are playing in it. Keep up the great work and again, please feel free to contact if I can help out in any way.