NHL'94 Forums

What is going to happen this week?

DaDonch44

Now that the teams, owners, and rules are settled.

This is what I will be trying to accomplish this week, so we can try to get the draft going as soon as possible.

- Consult with Dmitry to get the website ready for Season 3. (New Owners, Teams, Removing Duplicates, etc)

- Coming up with a Draft Schedule (will probably follow how Dmitry had it just different times, and altered for the first 2 Rounds.)

- Coming up with a Regular Season Schedule (56 games)

- Get the ROM ready for the Draft (I spent no joke like 20 hours on it this weekend, and had to start over today b/c I overlooked something) but this is one of my TOP priorities.

- The tentative date to start the Draft is November 1st. This should give me enough time to get the ROM where I want it, and hopefully take care of some of the other things. Depending on how fast or slow I can get things going will determine how fast we move along.

As far as the Draft Lottery, it will only be between the bottom 5 teams.

edisaurusrex, MattHurray, DaDonch44, smozoma, newjerseykiller have a shot at getting the #1 pick. Each will be given an equal shot at it (reason for this is the way the program works, there are only 5 different combinations that can be made with 4 numbers when they are between 1-5 without repeating.)

The combination assignments will be as follows:

edisaurusrex - SJ (1,2,3,4)

MattHurray - PIT (1,2,3,5)

DaDonch44 - ANA (1,2,4,5)

smozoma - DAL (1,3,4,5)

newjerseykiller - PHI (2,3,4,5)

I haven't decided when I'm going to do it, but I can do it at any time, it really doesn't matter. But it will be sometime this week for sure. :)

However, I am still thinking about where the new guys should go. I'm leaning towards the end of the draft list (after the returners, but with the 2 rounds of non-snaking, I'm still undecided.)

I'm sorry if I'm not available much this week for games, but I will be spending as much free time as I have on the ROM and the league.

If there is anything else that needs to be taken care of that I'm forgetting please let me know. ;)

As far as the Draft Lottery, it will only be between the bottom 5 teams.

edisaurusrex, MattHurray, DaDonch44, smozoma, newjerseykiller have a shot at getting the #1 pick. Each will be given an equal shot at it (reason for this is the way the program works, there are only 5 different combinations that can be made with 4 numbers when they are between 1-5 without repeating.)

The combination assignments will be as follows:

edisaurusrex - SJ (1,2,3,4)

MattHurray - PIT (1,2,3,5)

DaDonch44 - ANA (1,2,4,5)

smozoma - DAL (1,3,4,5)

newjerseykiller - PHI (2,3,4,5)

I haven't decided when I'm going to do it, but I can do it at any time, it really doesn't matter. But it will be sometime this week for sure. :)

Save yourself some time, put 5 names into a hat and pick one.

However, I am still thinking about where the new guys should go. I'm leaning towards the end of the draft list (after the returners, but with the 2 rounds of non-snaking, I'm still undecided.)

Ohhhhhh, I got it, so now that the vote has gone towards hybrid, now it's undecided if the new coaches should be placed at the bottom. But if it were a snaking draft then it would have been ok to have them at the end. And why? Because the snaking draft is more balanced.

Save yourself some time, put 5 names into a hat and pick one.

Ohhhhhh, I got it, so now that the vote has gone towards hybrid, now it's undecided if the new coaches should be placed at the bottom. But if it were a snaking draft then it would have been ok to have them at the end. And why? Because the snaking draft is more balanced.

Now I understand why Dmitry didn't want to come back. Making 23 people happy is impossible.

I'll post the draft order tonight.

The top 5 picks will be "placed in a hat" and drawn, the returners will go next from picks 6-19 based on the excel sheet in the Draft Lottery Picture thread (in order from Hokkee to EA), 20-24 will be the new guys whose order will also be determined by the "placed in a hat" method.

So unless you're in one of the 5 at the top or the 5 new guys, you should be able to figure out your draft spot.

Now I understand why Dmitry didn't want to come back. Making 23 people happy is impossible.

Its true you never will please everyone. Although I disagree with a couple things (PWNAGE? gimme a break. + The Non-Snake) Hang in there Donch, you're doing a great job.

Cut Donch a bit of slack. He's doing a ridiculous amount of work to get season 3 going again. You don't have to be happy, but try not be a sarcastic a**hole about stuff. It's hardly productive, and s**t like this makes me tired and dissapointed.

Seriously, what the hell EA. Donch puts a lot of effort and time into making a draft lottery program to help balance stuff out, and you just decide to be a prick and basically imply that the work he put into it was a 'waste of time'.

Cut Donch a bit of slack. He's doing a ridiculous amount of work to get season 3 going again. You don't have to be happy, but try not be a sarcastic a**hole about stuff. It's hardly productive, and s**t like this makes me tired and dissapointed.

Seriously, what the hell EA. Donch puts a lot of effort and time into making a draft lottery program to help balance stuff out, and you just decide to be a prick and basically imply that the work he put into it was a 'waste of time'.

Whoa Whoa, I wasn't at all trying to be a dick about the lottery thing and if it was taken that way, then I apologize. Did you even read through his dilemna? He said he had the last 5 new coaches each with getting an EQUAL shot at getting the #1 pick but he was experiencing some issues. I suggested to save some time and pick 1 team out of a hat and that makes me a prick? Wtf man, I was just trying to simplify things since I know he's been putting a lot of work into this.

My second comment was pointing out that now that hybrid was voted in, NOW all of a sudden the new guys would go ahead of the playoff vets but when it was snaking they were going at the back. I just felt was inconsistent. So you're saying I wasn't justified in throwing that out there.

And where at any point have I even hinted that I don't think Donche is doing anything less than an amazing job? Go b***h at someone else man, you're barking up the wrong tree.

:)

If you people didn't want pwnage, then you guys should not have voted for it. Last time I checked, it won the vote and until now there were no problems.

PWNAGE? Give me a break? No, ALL OF YOU give me a break. :rolleyes:

Donchy's done a helluva job, but the blame will squarely fall on the people who voted, which means all of us will be the blame if this whole thing fails. The nitpicking must END.

I agree with you on the Pwnage point SSiG. Although, I don't think the name is the best but that's what got voted in and I'm all for it.

I'm just having a hard time understanding when did this turn into a question of Donche not doing or doing a great job???? Did I miss something?

I apologize EA, perhaps I misunderstood you. It's just your other topic and some of things said have gotten me a bit worked up. However, i'd rather not get into a pissing contest here, so let's just drop it.

Agreed. Apparently I have stirred up the ole bees nest today on this side of the forums. Really wasn't my intention. Looks like everyone, myself included, has case of the Mondays...

peter1.jpg

Agreed. Apparently I have stirred up the ole bees nest today on this side of the forums. Really wasn't my intention. Looks like everyone, myself included, has case of the Mondays...

peter1.jpg

the people who are getting on your nuts EA are communists. this is America. We have checks and balances. If people didn't voice their opinions, then we wouldn't have outstanding products. Let them have their Soyuz toy rockets... we have the mother flippin Apollo 11.

Mother flippin.

good job Donche.

I agree with you on the Pwnage point SSiG. Although, I don't think the name is the best but that's what got voted in and I'm all for it.

I'm just having a hard time understanding when did this turn into a question of Donche not doing or doing a great job???? Did I miss something?

I think the Donchy praise is just to drive home the point that there is confidence in his ability to do the job this season.

As for pwnage, since it seems to irk so many people, I've asked Donchy to make the official name of the penalty "Injuring", thus seemingly making the poll a total waste of our time :)

I just do not want people going at each other's throats for something as small as a penalty name, or the kind of draft that will happen, or whatever.

Nice job SSiG. It really isn't a big problem. I myself am way too picky though :(.

EA, lmao. You put it perfectly.

(While we're on the note of office space, I fully expect EA to say "I believe you have my Roenick?" after the draft :) )