NHL'94 Forums

Question Concerning non-active players

kupuck19

First off I'm not saying any names. I know how it can be tough to keep up with games, I have a rough availability schedule myself but have managed to stay ahead and on top of the check points. How is a player that's 20 games behind schedule not been removed from a league? I only have two coaches and 6 games left to play, four games which are against a coach that i have never seen online. I don't know if there's something going on, we all have lives and obligations to fulfill, but I just find it strange that coaches have been removed after the first check point and some coaches who are very far behind have not yet been removed. I was waiting until after yesterday's check point to ask this.

-Vinnie

The replacement process is ideally quick and painless, but RL has a way of making it longer than it should be. I can understand the frustration with having to wait on 2-3 teams to play out a season, and it is a problem in a few of the leagues right now, both GENS and SNES.

The next time I run across any of the GENS moderators in chat I'll definately point them to your post, although it's likely they're aware and working on the situation. The more seasons we have under our belt the better we'll become at sorting out this kind of business, as well as building a stronger base of core players who are more interested and active than some of the current coaches.

Vinnie,

We're going to be making some changes hopefully tomorrow. Most of the Gens players that are CONFIRMED on the waiting list who HAVEN'T been in a league yet can expect to be in a league in the next couple of days. You will be notified when this happens. I apologize to the coaches that are following the rules, we appreciate it.

Is there any confusion as to how many games need to be played by which date? Let me know.

-Evan

Vinnie,

We're going to be making some changes hopefully tomorrow. Most of the Gens players that are CONFIRMED on the waiting list who HAVEN'T been in a league yet can expect to be in a league in the next couple of days. You will be notified when this happens. I apologize to the coaches that are following the rules, we appreciate it.

Is there any confusion as to how many games need to be played by which date? Let me know.

-Evan

Ok, wasn't quite clear because I have been looking for this guy all season and he hasn't been available so I was just wondering when we were going to get someone new to fill-in.

Thanks Evan.

-Vinnie

First change is that kgman is taking over Gens-B Pittsburgh. We're going to play our games now, post in the scores area, and then once Jacob switched the coach to kg we'll enter in the scores.

We'll try to have more replacements in place tomorrow.

-Evan

Please don't replace me even though I haven't played all my games once I get my computer to hook up to the internet I will be playing all of my games in no time.

(That's why I haven't been online in the past few days is because the internet connection to my house broke so I am getting it repaired and should be up and running by a week maximum.)

Please don't replace me even though I haven't played all my games once I get my computer to hook up to the internet I will be playing all of my games in no time.

(That's why I haven't been online in the past few days is because the internet connection to my house broke so I am getting it repaired and should be up and running by a week maximum.)

You're only on probation at this point, so you still have until November 5th to get your games in before facing suspension. If you don't think your connection will be fixed by then, you should make arrangements to use another computer and schedule some games with guys ahead of time when you know you'll be able to use that alternate machine.

When are you typically logged on when your Internet connection is actually up and running? I have an alert set for you because we still have a few games against each other, but it hasn't been triggered since the beginning of the near as near as I can tell.

When are you typically logged on when your Internet connection is actually up and running? I have an alert set for you because we still have a few games against each other, but it hasn't been triggered since the beginning of the near as near as I can tell.

I'm usually on at about 3:45 PM - 7:00 PM (Pacific time) every day when I'm on my better computer but I might even be able to play some games on this computer it's just that this one doesn't have AIM so we might have to talk via messages until I can get back on my better computer. :)

Excellent. Now that we're coming up against the home stretch of the schedule, can you post your availability? I'll be trying to get my games in against gr8199 on Thursday night; will you also be available?

Sounds good man. I should be on tomorow probably from 3:30 - ??? PM.

I won't be on tonight because, obviously, I have to lite ze fiyawoks :)

0607_fireworks_green.jpg