NHL'94 Forums

I just got a Genesis!

Mr. Sask

Hi there:

Here in Regina, SK, we have a store called Cashopolis. They specialize in stocking old systems and games - stuff that you can only find on ebay. I manged to pick up a Genesis, two controllers, NHLPA 93 (in box and instructions), and NHL 94 (in box and instructions). I'm living the glory days! These games are more fun that anything out there today. You don't need to take a course in how to operate them (like new games). Just slap the cartridge in and you are ready. It's great!

I was wondering if anyone out there has every tried to replace the back-up battery? I took the 94 case apart and it looks like I could take the old one out and replace it. It is attached to a metal clip though. The battery is a watch-type that is about the size of a nickel. Anyone out there ever tried this?

I once wanted to do this to my (NES) Legend of Zelda cartridge, but I didn't wanna break anything so I gave up... That battery was also attached to some sort of clip. Maybe there are some info/tutorials on how to replace 'em if you search on google.

Yo check this out, apparently it is possible? I might get one of these and test since I have a cartridge that doesn't save records anymore (battery is gone). It's my original cartridge from 1993 or 1994.

NHL94 Battery Replacement

-Evan

• 1 year later...
Yo check this out, apparently it is possible? I might get one of these and test since I have a cartridge that doesn't save records anymore (battery is gone). It's my original cartridge from 1993 or 1994.

NHL94 Battery Replacement

-Evan

Is there any updates on replacing batteries? Tried the link but its dead.

Here's a link that explains it genesis battery change

I have done it a few times, getting the security bit helps a lot, but I did not use any other tools. I just took off the battery with a butter knife and taped a new one on.

Here's a link that explains it genesis battery change

I have done it a few times, getting the security bit helps a lot, but I did not use any other tools. I just took off the battery with a butter knife and taped a new one on.

awesome! thanks a mil. just got my rig fired up. need some new controllers though mine are so sloppy.