NHL'94 Forums

I still can't do a wraparound

I personally find that wraparounds are useless in online play :)

It will work against the CPU, but a player with good manual goalie control will be able to sniff it out with ease.

I could whip up a video on it later though. We'll see how I feel :D

You should try just mastering the crease cut across instead of the full on wraparound. I find that I run into players more often if I try going all the way around the net first, and the crease cut across is essentially the same maneuver anyway...

While admittedly this is much more useful against the computer (as the goalie will never move across quick enough), it is still very valuable in online play. Granted, in the most likely scenario, your opponent WILL see it coming and switch to manual goalie, but...that's when you switch it up and drop it short side as he/she is moving across in anticipation! And then perhaps next time the goalie will stay put, which is when you fall back to the original cut across! So I feel you're always left with a 50/50 chance, which to me makes it something worthwhile to learn and keep in your arsenal...ideally, the better you get the more you can switch it up, so that the more your opponents get to know you the crazier it all gets...thus, you enter the realm of the hectic psychological guessing game that is the essence of NHL94's greatness!! "Is he going short side or cut across?? Who knows?? Maybe he knows that I know that he knows what I think I know he's gonna do so he won't do it!! :D ??!?"

...so maybe a bit dramatic, but hopefully some of this helps.

I think I have scored on the crease across a few times with Roenick. But i always read reviews aout how if you're good on wraparounds you can really open up scoring.

I keep running into people too, I'd just like to see how it looks, and actually know how to do it?

So it's not really a true wrap around, it's a far side shot as you come down like a crease across?

I'd still like to see that video. =3

I think I have scored on the crease across a few times with Roenick. But i always read reviews aout how if you're good on wraparounds you can really open up scoring.

I keep running into people too, I'd just like to see how it looks, and actually know how to do it?

So it's not really a true wrap around, it's a far side shot as you come down like a crease across?

I'd still like to see that video. =3

I'm pretty sure the wraparound was from NHLPA93, where the goalie would get stuck on the far post, giving a wide open net. Maybe it's in SNES 94, dunno, haven't played it much.

The corresponding cheap goal in NHL94 (GENS) is the walkacross/creasecut, where the goalie flops to the ground as you skate by, giving you a wide open net.

• 2 weeks later...
Granted, in the most likely scenario, your opponent WILL see it coming and switch to manual goalie, but...that's when you switch it up and drop it short side as he/she is moving across in anticipation! And then perhaps next time the goalie will stay put, which is when you fall back to the original cut across! So I feel you're always left with a 50/50 chance, which to me makes it something worthwhile to learn and keep in your arsenal...ideally, the better you get the more you can switch it up, so that the more your opponents get to know you the crazier it all gets...thus, you enter the realm of the hectic psychological guessing game that is the essence of NHL94's greatness!! "Is he going short side or cut across?? Who knows?? Maybe he knows that I know that he knows what I think I know he's gonna do so he won't do it!! :P ??!?"

You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong... But, you've also bested my Spaniard, which means you must have studied...