NHL'94 Forums

Every October we all work on a new season rom for '94

With the new '08 hockey season coming soon

Can someone make up an '08 rom for the SNES and Genesis?

NHL '94 '08 roster.

We as a '94 community could help out after playing demo version of '08 roms that are sent out

we can help with rosters updates and try to have a finished rom by Christmas. :o

We Already have the capitalism roms which have 2008 rosters.

They just need a little update from the trades that happened at the NHL draft.

Only thing is they are juiced. So you have to edit the player stats..but the rosters are already done so your half way there.

The cap roms also have the new expansion teams as well.

I have no problem doing a team or 2.. but im not going to change the stats for every single player.

Bumping this post because i think its a good idea...

The next classic league should be 2008 classic style.

Ill actually start doing couple of teams...

Ill do Montreal

And the pens....

and....Detroit?

heh. Truepensfan....no offence, but with a nice editor like NOSE getting something like this done shouldent take too long?

And we are looking for a SNES update not JUST a gens update

heh. Truepensfan....no offence, but with a nice editor like NOSE getting something like this done shouldent take too long?

And we are looking for a SNES update not JUST a gens update

First of all, screw SNES. I don't even have an SNES emulator, let alone SNES roms. If anybody wants roms, somebody else will have to do the SNES work.

Secondly, who said I'm taking long? I'm not releasing any roms until the season begins. There's currently a lull in free agency due to the ongoing arbitration hearings. I am not completing all rosters until the players are signed. I'm not going to waste time and put unsigned players on their current (possibly soon-to-be FORMER) teams until they're officially signed somewhere.

This doesn't mean that I don't have rosters created thus far; I do have rosters. I'm just not finished until more players get signed and the season approaches. In the meantime, I will continue the process of creating and rating the players who are already signed; until then, unsigned players will be left alone until an NHL club signs them.

I was just saying this thread was started by a snes player looking for a snes rom. which i said id gladly lend a hand to. then you started talking about your gens rom, which sure, good stuff and all.

However its off topic.

And secondly, i dont know wtf the deal is with all gens players that the first thing they say is "screw snes"

why are all gens players jerk offs?

(when i say all i mean 98.9%)

Edit - Yes i just realized Jeff did ask for both "snes and genesis"

Which also goes to prove snes coaches arent selfish and dont say "screw gens"

Because im pretty sure jeff doesnt care much about gens, since he doesnt play gens leagues

Don't quote me on that but im pretty darn sure.

And secondly, i dont know wtf the deal is with all gens players that the first thing they say is "screw snes"

Edit - Yes i just realized Jeff did ask for both "snes and genesis"

Which also goes to prove snes coaches arent selfish and dont say "screw gens"

I think he took the 'JUST' in your comment of "And we are looking for a SNES update not JUST a gens update" to mean "a SNES update, not JUST a crumby dumb gens update"

I was just saying this thread was started by a snes player looking for a snes rom. which i said id gladly lend a hand to. then you started talking about your gens rom, which sure, good stuff and all.

However its off topic.

Off-topic? How is it off-topic when the TOPIC TITLE SAYS "Every October we all work on a new season from for '94"? And the creator of the topic did ask not only for an SNES rom, but a GENS rom as well.

Care to explain to me how it's off-topic?

As for my "screw SNES", you're the one who brough the SNES rom to my attention when I clearly stated that I'm making a GENS rom; therefore, screw SNES. If you like SNES, then you like SNES. I personally don't give a rat's ass about SNES. I don't bash SNES unless twerps like you bring it to my attention. Personally, I hate idiots who bash SNES for the sake of bashing it; likewise, I hate twerps who bash GENS for the sake of bashing it. Am I bashing SNES for the sake of bashing it? No; I'm bashing the thought of me editing an SNES rom (I've never edited an SNES rom, nor do I have an SNES emulator). So you can pretty much forget about me providing any SNES roms.

Well it seems every update is JUST for gens since no one gives a crap about SNES. im not saying gens is crumby or anything.

But it would be nice to see something be done for both sides instead of just 1 side

Well it seems every update is JUST for gens since no one gives a crap about SNES. im not saying gens is crumby or anything.

But it would be nice to see something be done for both sides instead of just 1 side

That would be nice to see so that SNES gamers can have something to look forward to as well; however, I have no experience with SNES roms (like I said, I don't have an emulator for it). And remember: they ARE two completely different console systems; therefore, rom-editing of the two might be completely different experiences.

The people here who have experience in editing GENS roms might not have a clue how to edit SNES roms.

Screw the Gens rom, how many are already out? How many are actually good? You guys editing the gens rom are worse than EA sports with their upgrades. One little pixel change, add a mustache to the ref, and bam, a new gens rom, followed by signups, and yet another season. What kind of lame excuse is that, you don't have the emulator? Well, download it! It's on the front page, you ignorant schmuck. I can just imagine the excuses you say to avoid playing games.

Screw the Gens rom, how many are already out? How many are actually good? You guys editing the gens rom are worse than EA sports with their upgrades. One little pixel change, add a mustache to the ref, and bam, a new gens rom, followed by signups, and yet another season. What kind of lame excuse is that, you don't have the emulator? Well, download it! It's on the front page, you ignorant schmuck. I can just imagine the excuses you say to avoid playing games.

First of all, f**k you. Nobody around these parts cares for ignorant trolls such as you around here. I cannot even believe that you are encouraging me to download an SNES emulator and SNES roms (both of which I've never owned before, thus being illegal activity if I were to download such things). Secondly, you cannot group me in with others who supposedly have done horrible jobs on the roms that you're talking about. After all, I have not yet released a rom to the public (I've kept all my roms to myself thus far). Furthermore, my ratings are completely different from those who have issued roms to the public thus far.

The only one displaying any ignorance thus far is the troll in this particular forum: in case you cannot figure it out, it's YOU, pal! Next time, you might want to think twice before spouting off such bullshit and encouraging others to participate in illegal activity. As a writer, I fully understand the copyright laws, which is a concept that trash-talking pissants like you with pea-sized brains cannot begin to comprehend.

Does my language in this post offend your lady-like sensibilities? I personally don't give a s**t. I've contributed more to the NHL '94 community behind the scenes than what you probably ever will in your soon-to-be-brief existence around here. Ignorant trolls such as you, and any trolls like you at all need to pull your heads out of your collective asses and get some friggin' lives.

Heed my advice, friend: you'll thank me someday.

And one last thing: what would SNES roms of NHL '94 be? Why, they'd be nothing more than what you accuse GENS roms of being: updates. You've certainly shown evidence that you're a by-product of the American education system.