NHL'94 Forums

GDL WITH CURRENT PLAYERS!

Sebe_The_Legend

I dont know about the rest of you guys, but i would love to see another draft league, with an updated weight bug fix rom. 08/09 rosters. That would be amazing, and i know theres gotta be alot of interest out there...

i wouldnt mind seeing this happen in the future. its obvious that draft leagues are popular b/c the teams are always changing.

It would just take alot of work to put together.

i think the hardest part would be creating all of the players and getting accurate ratings.

there are databases for stats

and there are guys who have rom creating abilities.

someone (or some people) just have to step it up and try to get it going.

:)

i would definitely do it, but i'm devoting the majority of my time to the original right now ;)

people don't realize that the wgt bug fix fixes the problem of the talent being stretched too thin. Heavy defensemen (most of them) are now a threat, but are still slow so people can still use lightweight players if they prefer to skate circles around the heavier players. The game is not that much slower as people keep saying, it still moves at a decent pace, but now the game actually makes sense. Not sure why people aren't as psyched up as I am to start using it in a league(and whatever the f**k they mean by testing the rom...just play it a few times to see if there are any noticeable flaws or errors, 94 already has bugs galore anyway, so yeah, i'm calling bullshit on that excuse). Then again, it's pretty apparent a lot of us are just afraid of change, I mean WE ARE still playing a 15 year old video game. I think I'm gonna hold off on signing up for any more leagues until this is implemented.

The issue is that now we have two versions of classic NHL94 - one where Roenick and Fleury are speed-skating beasts, and one where they are not. I'm not sure (haven't drafted enough to know), but aside from those two you've got value in Lemieux, Gretzky, Gilmour, Belfour, and Roy...and then you get to your second tier guys.

I agree with skool, this really spreads the player-value out a lot more, and probably makes snaking drafts more fair (for people in my position in particular, end of the first round).

people don't realize that the wgt bug fix fixes the problem of the talent being stretched too thin. Heavy defensemen (most of them) are now a threat, but are still slow so people can still use lightweight players if they prefer to skate circles around the heavier players. The game is not that much slower as people keep saying, it still moves at a decent pace, but now the game actually makes sense. Not sure why people aren't as psyched up as I am to start using it in a league(and whatever the f**k they mean by testing the rom...just play it a few times to see if there are any noticeable flaws or errors, 94 already has bugs galore anyway, so yeah, i'm calling bullshit on that excuse). Then again, it's pretty apparent a lot of us are just afraid of change, I mean WE ARE still playing a 15 year old video game. I think I'm gonna hold off on signing up for any more leagues until this is implemented.

It would really make Lemieux one of the best guys in the game, and Borque, like they should be... haha

Either way, both are fun,

Metz sure y ou aren't in the best position, but there are still people you can draft that are light, fast, and have good numbers in the game, and you can get two of them before #1 gets his next pick...

Snake drafts are interesting

my question for a current player draft league, what happens in successive seasons... do the players remain the same from say 2008-09 or do the players keep changing from season to season depending on the current status of the NHL. it would obviously be more work to keep it updated all the time, but i was just curious about what people thought.

WHY in the hell is it so important that we TEST it with updated rosters? If anything it's just setting it up for failure, you have a bunch of guys staring at some 07/08 stats and assuming how good each and every single player is (i've always hated that about updated rosters. someone's judgment is ALWAYS questioned when it comes to ratings). So yeah, in addition to pretty much changing the gameplay, let's just wing some ratings as well and make a league out of it but DON'T TOUCH MAH PRECIOUS CLASSIC ROM NOOOES. Yeah. Makes a ton of f**king sense. :(

WHAT PART OF 'MAKES THE DRAFT POOL A LOT BIGGER AND MAKES A TON MORE PLAYERS USEFUL IN THE DRAFT' don't you guys understand? The complaint was that the talent was spread out too thin, and the answer that resolves that problem is punching you in the face. Really. Really. Hard. Just man up and make the change, guys. So what if you can't have an unfair advantage that makes no sense whatsoever by having a team of lightweight players? AGAIN, how does this not sound appealing to everyone? This makes the game more competitive and gives it that (inhale) refreshing new game smell.

but whatever. I'm guessing that's what everyone's trying avoid.

Edited by skoolyardpuck