NHL'94 Forums

NFL style league

HABS

Im thinking its time for a league where we only have 16 games per team.

10 minutes maybe more per period, 12, 15, 20?.

Possibly NHL 2009 rom, unless you have better ideas.

Games will be loosely scheduled.

Would be fun to see more emphasis on a single game compared to 40-60 gm season, every game will be a must win.

And yes this is for Genesis, for now.

Anybody interested?

I had this idea for GENS Cup Chase (1 game vs. everyone per 3 weeks or so, with the longer timeframe). A good one because there's no way to play just one or two of your games, and if an inferior player is "hot," it can make upsets happen more often.

I'd put in Manual line changes and Offsides ON though - nobody else has a blue-line league, and with such a small number of games you're not looking for MORE players. I'd also go with no overtime - again, because nobody else does it, but it also adds a strong level of excitement to the endgame.

Make sure the home/away advantages are fixed though (talk to me first).\

Should I make Cup Chase use this format?

Guest Houlanov
Im thinking its time for a league where we only have 16 games per team.

10 minutes maybe more per period, 12, 15, 20?.

Possibly NHL 2009 rom, unless you have better ideas.

Games will be loosely scheduled.

Would be fun to see more emphasis on a single game compared to 40-60 gm season, every game will be a must win.

And yes this is for Genesis, for now.

Anybody interested?

yea very cool!!! wtid!

penguins or sabres... idc! cmon habs!:blink:

Edited by Houlanov

I was thinking this morning that we could do a mix of this in a two-game set:

2 points for game 1

2 points for game 2

2 points for aggregate scores

Turns into:

0-2-0 = 0 points

0-1-1 = 1 point

1-1-0 = 2 points (if GF-GA<0)

1-1-0 = 3 points (if GF-GA=0)

0-0-2 = 3 points

1-1-0 = 4 points (if GF-GA>0)

1-0-1 = 5 points

2-0-0 = 6 points

It doesn't change much, but it gives more points to the outright winner of a two-game set, and declares a winner in MOST 1-1 tied sets.

nah I dont like aggregate scores, cause plenty of games will get out of hand as they are going to be pretty long.

Wont be a points based system it will be just like the NFL, with win pct and a very very rare tie and 0 points for OT loss.

Line changes I like, would add a new element. Not sure about offsides.

not sure what you mean by wouldnt have to deal with home ice advantage? mets

and houl stop acting like a fuc kin child on these forums.

Too much of this s**t going on lately.

nah I dont like aggregate scores, cause plenty of games will get out of hand as they are going to be pretty long.

Wont be a points based system it will be just like the NFL, with win pct and a very very rare tie and 0 points for OT loss.

Line changes I like, would add a new element. Not sure about offsides.

I like the line changes, but offsides sucks the AI is too retarded you'd have to jack up everybody's awareness if you wanted to do offsides.

I like the line changes, but offsides sucks the AI is too retarded you'd have to jack up everybody's awareness if you wanted to do offsides.
You are the defending champion in a league where everyone's awareness is jacked up to facilitate offsides-on play...

Just wanted you to recognize that.

BTW, playing with offsides on would mitigate the effect of long games as they relate to ballooning scorelines. I believe that just turning the blue lines on would do more for toning down the offense than jacking up the goalie stats (like I have done).

not sure what you mean by wouldnt have to deal with home ice advantage? mets

There are bytes that significantly affect play that are not fixable in NOSE (they are, however, identified by NOSE).

The Update ROM has yet to fix/edit these. Most notably, the Anaheim Ducks play with their '94 stats regarding this: bad at home and worse on the road.

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic=8757

You are the defending champion in a league where everyone's awareness is jacked up to facilitate offsides-on play...

Just wanted you to recognize that.

BTW, playing with offsides on would mitigate the effect of long games as they relate to ballooning scorelines. I believe that just turning the blue lines on would do more for toning down the offense than jacking up the goalie stats (like I have done).

There are bytes that significantly affect play that are not fixable in NOSE (they are, however, identified by NOSE).

The Update ROM has yet to fix/edit these. Most notably, the Anaheim Ducks play with their '94 stats regarding this: bad at home and worse on the road.

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic=8757

Yeah i hear you, i didn't say no offsides no matter what. I was just pointing out that you'd have to clean up the rom if offsides were to be a real possiblity.

As far as fixing the advantages/disadvantages thing, that should be done i think everybody agrees. Have you told the guy who makes the updated rom about this?

Yeah i hear you, i didn't say no offsides no matter what. I was just pointing out that you'd have to clean up the rom if offsides were to be a real possiblity.

As far as fixing the advantages/disadvantages thing, that should be done i think everybody agrees. Have you told the guy who makes the updated rom about this?

I've believe that I have spoken to swos about it but nothing has actually come of it.

15 minutes/period

15 min/ OT

1 home vs divisional opponent

and 1 away

the other games will be scheduled like the nfl does, not sure exactly Ill have to look into that.

Looking at all 30 teams being filled.

There will be a mercy rule, (if at any point a team is down 8 or more goals they can forfeit)

I dont like it, but I dont want to see ridiculas scores either which will happen no doubt.

Offsides will be off. Line changes on.

NFL scheduling won't work out well for us but we can do it one better.

Depending on the number of players, divide the league into 3 or 5 divisions. Play divisional rivals twice, and everyone else once. Home/Away in inter-divisional games is determined by which division you are in (think inter-conference play in the NHL the last three years).