NHL'94 Forums

Converting .gifs

shaftman

Hey guys.

anyone (clockwise) know how to convert a .wmv or .avi to .gif?

i downloaded a program...think it turned out to be a virus..since it doesnt do anything. and cant be deleted...sigh

any help on this converting issue would be appreciated thanks!

Hey guys.

anyone (clockwise) know how to convert a .wmv or .avi to .gif?

i downloaded a program...think it turned out to be a virus..since it doesnt do anything. and cant be deleted...sigh

any help on this converting issue would be appreciated thanks!

I'm going with.. google for "convert avi gif forum" (without the quotes). This will find forum posts where people say how to do this :D

There's a zoo of various flash | interlaced video to gif freeware on the web. Personally I've never experimented with any of them.

My protocol for converting videos into gif format typically involves Adobe Flash CS3's app for the metamorphose. From here I'll embed the video into a time line and usually save it as a gif.

All of the NHL'94 animated sprites I've done involve Gens K Mod, which takes a BMP screen capture of every frame. Usually some batch processing is done with Adobe's obsolete ImageReady using the sequence of captures, or I'll do it the hard way by adjusting the frames manually.

If there's a gif you want I could help you out.

Well firstly i did try google...didnt get very far since everyone wants money. Or is not very noob friendly.

and thanks for the help clock. yeah i just need a little clip i put together changed to .gif instead of being avi or wmv.