NHL'94 Forums

Should fighting be banned in the NHL?

shaftman

Seems like this will be the topic of discussion following the terrible tragedy of Don Sanderson.

I'm Sorry for your loss Mac. I give you my Condolences.

This is definitely something that should never, ever happen, again. ever.

I am a firm believer in fighting is a part of hockey and a great part too.

But if getting rid of fighting means possibly saving a life, then i wont argue against it.

What do you guys think?

I think that, in light of mack's affiliation with the site and his personal relationship with Don Sanderson, we are not so much at liberty to discuss rules regarding fisticuffs in the rulebook. Basically, if mack thinks that it should get banned, it should probably get banned.

However, this article probably more likely sums up the issue: http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianp...DyTEBIIoSIjcvXw

I believe fighting should stay in the NHL. Not only does it make games more interesting, players can blow off steam in a legal, controlled environment when an opposing player ticks them off. The MLB, NFL and NBA don't have that, so the NHL is unique that way.

In-fightning, they should remove their helmets and gloves. At least it should minimize the injuries a bit.