NHL'94 Forums

GDL Draft Rules

angryjay93

This is a snake draft, which means the 1.1 pick makes the 2.24 selection and the 3.1 selection. The entire draft is conducted in a snake format.

The draft will start on monday, ill try my best to figure out something to use as a database, and i will make an update when i find something usable.

When the draft officially starts, each manager will need to have a roster with 6 F, 4 D, and 2 G, there are no exceptions to this, so please plan accordingly, if at the end of the draft, you do not have this formation, i will automatically drop the extra player and you will be forced to pick up a free agent to fill the hole in the other position.

During the draft, it is advised you send player lists to other people to make a pick for you if you know you will not be available at your designated time slot. you may have anyone post your pick for you if you advise them too, but there is a risk involved in that. If your pick has not been posted by the end of your draft time, or if you did not send a list to myself or ice to post, then you will be skipped. In this event, the skipped party can make their pick at anytime, but the people waiting after him must wait until their designated time slot to make their pick. This will last for 10 picks, at which time, if the skipped person has still not posted their pick, managers may pick at their leisure. If at the end of the round the skipped party has still not posted a pick, they will by default receive the highest rated player in a position that is determined to have the greatest need in order to fill out their roster.

If you have questions, PM me, im already sick of seeing 10,000 posits in all the trade threads. Ill answer you within the same day very likely.

with the help of smozoma, i was able to set up a crude database with my excel spreadsheet as the base of it. It will have the players broken down by position, a page for all the players, and another page where you can see the updated rosters of other teams. i will be using this database until i find a way to get things rolling on the gdl site.

The only issue with the site is that its impossible to sort the columns, so dmitrys website can solve that problem if you strongly desire the ability to sort.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pHb...C7DQg&gid=3

This is a snake draft, which means the 1.1 pick makes the 2.24 selection and the 3.1 selection. The entire draft is conducted in a snake format.

The draft will start on monday, ill try my best to figure out something to use as a database, and i will make an update when i find something usable.

When the draft officially starts, each manager will need to have a roster with 6 F, 4 D, and 2 G, there are no exceptions to this, so please plan accordingly, if at the end of the draft, you do not have this formation, i will automatically drop the extra player and you will be forced to pick up a free agent to fill the hole in the other position.

During the draft, it is advised you send player lists to other people to make a pick for you if you know you will not be available at your designated time slot. you may have anyone post your pick for you if you advise them too, but there is a risk involved in that. If your pick has not been posted by the end of your draft time, or if you did not send a list to myself or ice to post, then you will be skipped. In this event, the skipped party can make their pick at anytime, but the people waiting after him must wait until their designated time slot to make their pick. This will last for 10 picks, at which time, if the skipped person has still not posted their pick, managers may pick at their leisure. If at the end of the round the skipped party has still not posted a pick, they will by default receive the highest rated player in a position that is determined to have the greatest need in order to fill out their roster.

If you have questions, PM me, im already sick of seeing 10,000 posits in all the trade threads. Ill answer you within the same day very likely.

:P