NHL'94 Forums

Fixing Kega's Desyncs

Scribe99

After a little testing I think that the broken SRAM function is definitely the main culprit behind desyncs. When you turn it off, it doesn't stay turned off unless you change it back before every game.

However, the practice of typing nonsense into the SRAM path (under options -- config -- genesis tab) seems to actually cause desyncs because everyone has something slightly different in the path name.

The best practice is simply erasing the SRAM path name, and leaving it blank. The path name will remain blank after you close and reload Kega, and it shouldn't desync because everyone should have the same blank path name.

BTW, there is now a Kega 3.61 which supposedly fixes some minor bugs:

http://www.eidolons-inn.net/tiki-download_....php?fileId=559

Edited by Scribe99

Yeah, the emu has been pretty funky. I've had lots of desynchs lately. Hopefully this version will fix this or at least make them less frequent.

Yeah, the emu has been pretty funky. I've had lots of desynchs lately. Hopefully this version will fix this or at least make them less frequent.

I'm pretty sure it's because the sram is trying to load. Try erasing the sram path and tell your opponent to do the same. Report back if it works out for you.