Posts posted by clockwise
Will Dallas and Minnesota be combined? I think it's a good idea to have Minnesota as home, with their vintage jerseys, and away as the cup-winning Stars jerseys.
- I'd put Shanny on the Wings, over STL. He was a big part of their cup-winning years.
- Gretz should be on Edmonton, IMO.
- I'm torn with Messier, but I'm leaning towards EDM, too.
- For Whitney, I'd say whichever he has more games played with.
- Francis should be on Hartford, IMO.
- Brind'Amour should be on Carolina, IMO.
- Carter on LA, IMO.
- Langenbrunner on NJ, IMO.
That's all I got for now I'll look at some of the other ones later on.
Just noticed that the anchor logo has the Space Needle in the design. It's a nice touch.
All Cracker Barrel restaurants should be renamed to Kracken Barrel.
45 minutes ago, smozoma said:
I look forward to seeing Rob Barr welcoming people to their arena: The Krak House
Their fans will be known as, "Krackheads."
Wouldn't have been my first choice but I like it.
And everyone from Detroit settle down, it's spelled with a, 'K'.
Not sure how often you go to hockey-reference, but the franchise pages make it easy to find records, so, that might be one thing the could help you decide what team a player goes on: if they play more games, or have more points for one or another, etc.
Yep they'll be in there for sure.
For this ROM and this ROM only, they should be... wait for it... the Sauceators.
LW: Radsauce Bonksauce C: Jasauce Saucezza RW: Daniel Alfredosauce.
D: Erik Karlsauce D: Wadesauce Reddensauce
That was great.
It really shows how much research, thought and effort goes into these projects.
9 hours ago, Sauce said:
Believe it or not, Oates lone weakness is his skating (well, and he was soft like melted butter). It hurt him when he was drafted. Lebeau also wasn’t a great speedster and was a bit overrated (stats don’t lie). Hence, why he couldn’t stick in MTL or ANA. Ended up in the Swiss League. He’s really known for one big year and some so-so years.
I did know that about Oates. He was my favorite player growing up because of how many games I won with him. Mostly during the Blizzard of '93 - anyone on NY, PA or NJ remembers that storm. I got marooned at my best friends house for days and was killing it with Oates. Then I became obsessed with the guy and learned everything I could about him.
He was really enigmatic during his playing days. I was actually part of a Yahoo group page in, like 2001, that had a lot of private details about his life. The place was run by a bunch of crazy stalker ladies that were in love with him.9 hours ago, Sauce said:
I’m surprised that you didn’t catch what I did to Felix Potvin. I lowered his agility a bit as he had terrible lateral movement but great reflexes. That’s why he stayed so far back in the net. His glove hand (high) also became a liability In the 1994 playoffs. Vancouver very much exposed it and then the word was out. However, I left his glove and stick hands as 4s given his cat-like (see what I did there) reflexes.
Not everyone will agree with how I rated stuff and that’s ok. Just know, a TON of research (way too many articles and scouting reports and sources to count) went into it. I’m open to suggestions though if enough folks agree.
I hadn't gotten that far, yet. But very nice attention to detail there!
They're very subjective but I think you did a great job.9 hours ago, Sauce said:
Hopefully, you enjoy the Flyers and that “Crazy 8s” line. They weren’t half bad pre-Legion of Doom. The injury to Lindros is what was the final coffin nail on their 94 playoff hopes.
For sure. They're solid up front with 88 & the weight-bug fix.
- Tampa is still more, "Electric slide," than, "Ride The Lightning," but they, lookie-here: Their top 3 now has Klima, Bradley and Savard. Fun team to skate with.
- Anaheim is more, "Upset," than, "Mighty," deservedly so. Wanted to see if Lebeau would be their lone-gun, but his skating and shot have been reduced.
- The fierce fish actually have teeth with the additions of Larionov and Makarov. Nice team to ice with a, pass-first play-style.
- Boston drops off with losing Juneau and Oates' skating taking a hit. Ray-Ray also lost some juice. Neely gets a big, big boost with the weight bug fix.
- Ottawa has life, and wheels, too. The additions of Davydov and Yashin make them a half-decent team to play with.
- Washington is vaulted to top-tier with the addition of Juneau. Their d-corps are bolstered heavily by being pleasantly plump, thanks to the weight-bug fix.
- The rich get richer with Feds being the top rated forward, and I can't argue with it. My opinion is he's the best two-way forward of all time. And you did give him the skating skills he deserves, too.
- Flames get Zalapski, which is nice, but the weight bug fix is cruel to Fleury.
- The Pens biggest weakness becomes their biggest strength with the weight-bug fix.
- Hull is a crackshot. Then add in Housley, along with other ratings changes, and St. Louis is beastly.
- The whale tail adds Pronger making them more fun to ice.
- Main splash-screen logo got distorted when imported. This is an easy fix I can help with if you want to update the game some time down the road.
Just some impressions, not criticisms. Maybe I'll post some more stuff later, but I'm having a blast playing it!
Hey, 13 downloads already!
The, “thanks,” button is like an inch away, boys. Click that, too!
This rom was long over due, thanks for all the hard work! Nice to see my sprite patch put to use, too.
Should be a lot of fun playing with San Jose. The Leafs should be pretty beast with Killer and Gartner, too.
Any way you can upload the ratings to Google docs? Very interested to see what player rating changes were made.
Looking forward to playing some exis with this.
Really tough project to undertake, which is why I only did it with the 2on2 ROM, since that ROM has equal ratings.
Some stuff you'll need to figure out:
Do you put HOFers on more than one team or only on one?
- Gretz won his cups in EDM, but it would feel odd to not have him on the Kings.
- Do you rate players based on their best season or are they aggregate?
- How do you rate HOFers from low scoring eras if they're going to be on a team with players from high scoring eras?
Which franchises do and do not make the cut?
- Obviously the original 6 will be there, but Carolina has actually been in the NHL longer than the Whalers were in the NHL.
How do you choose which Uniforms make the cut?
- One thing to consider is doing home jerseys as the franchises original uniforms and then use the away uniforms as the more modern version.
As a life long Flyers fan, I'd be happy to offer help on rating their players should you need help.
- Do you put HOFers on more than one team or only on one?
Interested to see if 2on2 would work, but @chaos is already in a LTR with Retroarch.
I think ggpo was the first to make use of it.
Was really impressive to experience for the first time in games like 3rd Strike and Alpha 3.
1 hour ago, kidswasted said:
Is there any update on this tool? I'm not able to run it on Windows 10. The roster tool works great but I believe I need to adjust lines using the SNES editor tool right?
Did you try changing the compatibility to Win 7 or XP? Also, make sure you run as administrator.
8 minutes ago, kidswasted said:
We could always run a classic once a year or something. Not sure how difficult it would be to upload states for league stats versus genesis. I’m still very new to everything and trying to gobble up as much info from these forums as I can.
There's a lot of great stuff on the boards in the inactive league sub-forums. Lots of old drama that is fun to revisit and there's a lot of great memories from the last 15 years. It's quite the rabbit hole.
Having a public tournament would make more sense for Sega CD.
Also, the offsets are different for uploading save states, so, we'd have to figure that out.9 minutes ago, kidswasted said:
I will say the shot sound is a little weird for sure. I do like the crowd noise when they’re not booing or cheering. It reminds me of a real crowd at a game.
Yep. The shot sound effect is the one that bothers me the most.
There are some nice things about the .WAV audio files, but it was just a gimmick at the time to just have a CD based, NHL hockey game. EA could have added a lot of the stuff to the SEGA CD version, to the point that it'd be the only one that we play, today.
And the Yamaha 2612 chip is classic; so many great chip tunes. When we remake the game, we have to keep the audio true to the era with the same chip or a similar one.
We gotta get Tick to come to King of 94 Live event.
1 hour ago, kidswasted said:
Has there ever been a Sega CD league? Is it even possible to play it online? I was fooling around with it today and it’s pretty cool with the updated sounds and music as well as the smoother graphics.
Hasn't been one, yet.
Other reason why we haven't had a league is because draft leagues aren't possible, and simple things like reducing penalty length can't be adjusted easily in NOSE.
@don16086 was working on modding the CD version, but it's been 15 years.
Can't say I'm a fan of the audio. Doesn't feel like it fits the game, to me.
1 hour ago, kidswasted said:
It’s almost what I’m looking for but I’m looking for one that works with PC, not the original or mini snes. That’s what I’m having trouble with. Thanks though!
Maybe you could use the 8bitdo with the Retrousb adapter?
Looks like it on sale right now, too.
OP is a little confusing. Kinda-thought this was what you were looking for?
I'd check around their website some more. They have manuals for retrofitting OEM controllers, too.
Only one I know of:
- Super Familiy Computer
- Analogue Super Nt
- 2.4g Wireless Technology for original SNES/SFC
- *Bluetooth connection is not applicable
Battery Type / Battery Life
- 480mAh Li-on battery, rechargeable
- 18-20 play hours with 1-2 hour charging time
- SN30 2.4g Controller
- 2.4g Wireless USB Receiver
- USB Cable
Also, NHL'94 got me to finally find Facebook and Twitch and stuff worthwhile. Proof that NHL'94 changes lives.
All-Time Greatest Team Rosters
in SNES Roms