NHL'94 Forums

Congrats and kudos

statto

Congratulations to flamingpavelbure, who, as a 5 seed, muscled his way into the Stanley Cup final and defeated Detroit in a hard-fought 7-game series.

I think he's a worthy winner of GENS Spring League 2009 - he was the first one to finish his games, and I never had a problem with him.

Kudos also to freydey for making it as runners-up.

Finally, a thank you to all 11 surviving GENS A/B players this season. It was a rough go of things for awhile but almost 90% of games were played in the league and I think this is the first time in the history of NHL94 Online where a league has started late and finished early. Apart from two minor issues, thank you for a stress-free season.

A note to future commissioners: the most painful thing about running a league is the people who will pack their toys up and go home. I'm not calling anyone out specifically here, and I'm not talking about the people who sign up and are scheduled, then leave before a game is played - I'm talking specifically about people who bicker over laggy games or have unsportsmanlike conduct. I think these latter two cases will eventually kill the community, which is sad, but hopefully the waters sail a bit more smoothly from here on out - and again, thank you to everyone who avoided those two issues - there were a large number of you out there.

Cheers

statto

yeah thanks statto, this season was a success!

Statto, thanks for taking over this season. Looks like things went pretty smooth. Nice work!

-Evan