NHL'94 Forums

Editing the Startup Banners/Logos

Hey,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be posting all of this information soon. Thanks to Swos filling me in on the last piece of info I needed, I have successfully changed the current startup banners so that none of the ones I use share important tiles (we use 20 teams). Below are some of the banners I've made (fake teams from our league).

So sometime soon I will have the explaination of how to edit the startup banners/logos, and the "in-game" banners.

01.gif

02.gif

03.gif

04.gif

05.gif

06.gif

07.gif

08.gif

09.gif

10.gif

Thats good cus ive been spending all my time trying to figure out the banner colours. While doing so though I found the Offset for Menu logos in Hex Workshop. The Frame of the logos start at 000BF850. If you scroll down to000BFD10 the order of Anaheim' s logo will be there.

0006 0006 2000 20012002 2003 and so on.

You guys prolly already knew, but someone might not of.

Evan that rox so hard, thank you. I cant wait Ive always wanted to know how to do that (banners). Post that s**t up I cant wait to see it! I'm gonna use it on my new ROM featuring "all great teams" from decades past, I'll be sure to send you the first copy. Your site rox, by the way, even though you are a very sick man for creating all of those fantasy teams. :D

Ah, come on.. it's the same amount of work as making all the current players on the teams :D

Anyway, I will try to have that editing info up within the week. Maybe I'll get lucky and stumble on the crowd meter stuff.

Hey,

Here's a link to what I have done so far with explaining the startup banner colors.

Editing the Startup Banners

I will try to have more up soon explaining how to edit the tiles in Tile Layer Pro, and also how I totally started from scratch to make my own banners.

• 4 months later...
hmmmm.bmpI found something in tile maker pro while i was editing NHL 94, these tiles looked like start up bannners by they were screwed up.

If you're using Tile Layer Pro, you can easily adjust that by hitting the minus and plus keys ( - and + ) on the keyboard. This aligns the tiles. There are multiple sets of banners in the rom. 1 set for the startup banners, 1 set for the ingame banners, and there may be 1 more set as well. Let me know if that helps.

-Evan

• 7 months later...

Evan, do you have the hex numbers for the other set of banners too (the ones on the scoreboard and on edit lines screens etc...) Great tutorial. It's been awhile since I did much of the graphic editing.

Sigh.. Why can't you just decompile and end up with a huge bunch of nice .png files of all images/sprites? ;D That'd be sweet... One day... One day when "we" make our own game!

tiles at ABA1E, palette (shared for all teams) at decimal 719070 (AF8DE)... in game I think it uses the second half the rink palette which has identical colors.

Thanks bud. :mellow: