NHL'94 Forums

KEGA

HABS

Why dont more people use kega?

Gens is super chunky/lagy for some people, yet nobody will even try playing with kega anymore. It was seen as the emulator to replace gens but then quickly faded as people wouldn't change (I was one who was against mandatory changing to kega) but it should be an option.

The game resembles the real 94 on genesis much more as the FPS usually stays STEADY AT 60 fps, sometimes dipping a bit but usually stays at 60. While gens goes crazy with fps from 20s to 66fps.

I like gens but against some guys its just guaranteed going to be a bad connection, thats why kega should atleast be an option.

Logo_Fusion.gif

This will be a list of Blitz4 coaches willing to play kega if asked, (doesnt mean you have to just that your open to it if asked)

Join up

FLORIDA canadiensfan66

Why dont more people use kega?

Gens is super chunky/lagy for some people, yet nobody will even try playing with kega anymore. It was seen as the emulator to replace gens but then quickly faded as people wouldn't change (I was one who was against mandatory changing to kega) but it should be an option.

The game resembles the real 94 on genesis much more as the FPS usually stays STEADY AT 60 fps, sometimes dipping a bit but usually stays at 60. While gens goes crazy with fps from 20s to 66fps.

I like gens but against some guys its just guaranteed going to be a bad connection, thats why kega should atleast be an option.

Logo_Fusion.gif

This will be a list of Blitz4 coaches willing to play kega if asked, (doesnt mean you have to just that your open to it if asked)

Join up

FLORIDA canadiensfan66

Having played both, I would say that I prefer Gens. My guess is most coaches do, thus killing the Kega fad. I agree that there are times the Gens emulator seems to speed up the game play, but I just as frequently had issues with Kega slowing it down. The connection is a wash between the two in my experience. Ultimately, I prefer the full screen of Gens (no stretching) and I found my controls to be a little tighter in the Gens, thus my preference.

I am just throwing my 2 cents in there in case you are interested Habs (and other Kega supporters). We can split our season between Kega and Gens if you would like. Or if Kega works out fine, we can just stick with that.

Having played both, I would say that I prefer Gens. My guess is most coaches do, thus killing the Kega fad. I agree that there are times the Gens emulator seems to speed up the game play, but I just as frequently had issues with Kega slowing it down. The connection is a wash between the two in my experience. Ultimately, I prefer the full screen of Gens (no stretching) and I found my controls to be a little tighter in the Gens, thus my preference.

I am just throwing my 2 cents in there in case you are interested Habs (and other Kega supporters). We can split our season between Kega and Gens if you would like. Or if Kega works out fine, we can just stick with that.

gawwwd i hate when gens speeds up the game... im soo bad playing with that

if KEGA stops it im in

just out of curiosity what does KEGA stand for?

If Kega would occupy full screen i would play it.

PRESS ESCAPE

FULL SCREEN + ALLOWS CHAT

I SUPPORT KEGA

i would be more likely to use kega if:

- if had a maximize button (not full screen)

- if the F5 key worked (can't believe the guy didn't add that in the new one.. takes 10 seconds to fix)

- does the game recording work in netplay? i'm not sure.