NHL'94 Forums

Internet Connexion again ICEGUY RedwingDevil

PixelDragon

I make a post here, to ask a question to the others players...

I make my series (Chicago - Buffalo B1) today against Iceguy, and i want to know something,

when the connection is clearly unacceptable... what do we do ???

Iceguy is a good player, but the chance is not equitable because of the bad connection and the lag...

he has a style of play who don't care about the lag...

my game is based on much passes and some technicals tricks

but what can i do when they are lag anytime in the game, specially when you are in an hot moment for scoring or defending...

My point of view is that i can't valid this series, because this is not equitable...

and i don't replay any game again Iceguy until he has a decent connection ...

Edited by Dragon

The only sensible option for me is to just withdraw and let Dragon go on. I don't think I'll be able to fix things and I'm totally affraid of using wired connection, since it'll only inlfate the ping more. What more do you want from me?

Edited by RedWingDevil

I tested it by playing with HABS on GDL and the ping nearly got to 900. I'm not too happy about that, really. And I feel it's unfair for me to hold the playoffs like that, so withdrawing will be the best decision I'd have to make. There really isn't much I can do to change things and if I have to move somewhere which isn't my house it'll take a bit of time.

This has been becoming a crappy year for me.

If your wired connection is worse, then your brother must have done something to your router settings, screwing things up hardcore.

Think for a moment:

- Modem has a cable going to it.

- Another cable goes from the modem to the router.

What would make things simpler for the router?

A. Connect computer to router using a cable. Can connect at speeds up to 1000 Mbit/s

B. Connect computer to router using a broadcast signal (wireless), with it having to travel all through your house (depending on where your computer is), resulting in a loss of signal strength. Then it gets to the router as an encrypted signal (since you don't want anyone using your internet, you give it a passcode), needs to be decrypted, and sent along a cable back to the modem. Typically connects at 54 Mbit/s, unless you have a kick ass 802.11n router, which can do 300Mbit/s.

Hmm, what could be the correct answer?

I tested it by playing with HABS on GDL and the ping nearly got to 900. I'm not too happy about that, really. And I feel it's unfair for me to hold the playoffs like that, so withdrawing will be the best decision I'd have to make. There really isn't much I can do to change things and if I have to move somewhere which isn't my house it'll take a bit of time.

This has been becoming a crappy year for me.

You are a good guy and always give a good effort, but I would drop out of the leagues until you can get your connection better. It's not fair to you and to your opponents. Try to work on it in exhibs and if you see progress and the other players confirm your connection as being good and stable you should be welcomed back.

The only sensible option for me is to just withdraw and let Dragon go on. I don't think I'll be able to fix things and I'm totally affraid of using wired connection, since it'll only inlfate the ping more. What more do you want from me?

Hey,

I just wanna say that i'am not specially happy to go in the final this way...

I prefer the law of the Rink...

but when you took the choice to withdraw, i think it's the better choice you have made, and for me, you are a gentlemen.

So, happy to play again with you when you comeback... ;)

Yeah, I can't drag this any longer. Let Dragon pass and good luck to him.