NHL'94 Forums

How are you doing in your beer league?

smozoma

Through 3 games, I have 2 assists, neither of which I recall doing, and I scored the only goal in a 1-0 win last night (one-time snapshot that a D deflected perfectly into the top of the net). Our total GF/GA is 9/10, but I'm +4 (+8/-4).

Had a 1-on-1 going where I was probably skating the fastest I've ever skated in my life and surely was about to make both the D and G look silly (with my patented learned-it-from-a-video-of-10-year-old-Wayne-Gretzky defender deke annnd.. I didn't get to the point of thinking what to do to the goalie, but I scored a sweet Forsberg deke in street hockey last summer, so maybe I would have tried it...), but some dude on my team got a penalty before I reached the blueline.

Season Stats:

Gm	Score	G	A     Pts   Shots     PIM	 +	 -     +/-	Note
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1	5-3 W	0	1?	1	0	0	+4	-2	+2	Only had 1 forward sub, so I played 75% of the game
2	3-7 L	0	1?	1	0	0	+3	-2	+1	The team with the 2 girls is awesome
3	1-0 W	1	0	1	2	0	+1 	 0	+1	Continues trend from last season, if I get 2 shots, I get 1 goal (last 5 times I had 2 shots).

Totals
GP	Record	G	A     Pts   Shots     PIM	 +	 -     +/-	Note
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3	2-1-0	1	2	3	2	0	+8	-4	+4	Pts/GP:1.00.  Sh%:50%.

Well, my team after winning our E league championship last season, lost our first game this season 6-1. We were down 1-0 at the half, and for about 15 min into the second half. Then, the team got a nice bounce as a stray slap shot on me (I play goalie) hit the back board, bounced off the back board and landed right in the crease on the opposite side and they scored. Then gave up a PP goal. 3-0 with 3 min. left and then my team gives up and they get 5 breakaways on me and score on 3 of them (sigh). Oh, but we scored with 3 seconds left to keep it being a shutout. :rolleyes:

This is the same team that a few seasons ago scored a goal on the puck hitting the glass behind me, bounced off, hit me in the back of my helmet, and went in.

No matter what the score is, never give up on your goalie please!

I play roller.

Those are some lively boards!

Breakaways must be extra hard to handle in roller hockey. I used to play goalie in ice hockey, and I couldn't imagine not being able to slide..

We don't have beer league hockey where i live anymore :( .

I'm reduced to playing indoor soccer. We scored 83 goals this season as a team in our 10 game season. I scored 21 of them and assisted on 13 while playing a bit more than half of each game.

Those are some lively boards!

Breakaways must be extra hard to handle in roller hockey. I used to play goalie in ice hockey, and I couldn't imagine not being able to slide..

Never played goalie in ice, but I imagine the ability to slide must help GREATLY. You think the crease cut in NHL 94 works well? It kills in roller hockey. Any kind of cross rink movement right in front of you is tough. It is really important to play the angle well in roller too.

Breakaways aren't too bad, I have a pretty decent record in shootouts. Plus, it seems a lot of people don't know how to do a backhand shot - knowledge like that helps out, as you can cheat a little.

my beer league is so dysfunctional I'm sure I'll still be making posts on this months from now. last weekend I got called an a**hole for shooting from the blueline and scoring low corner off the goalies pad when my team was up 13-7.. wasn't even trying to score, but the man with loose lips left the ice after the score turned 16-8 and didnt shake no ones hand... the goalies arent that great and skill varies quite a bit so it makes our games turn out more like lacrosse scores. love the local rec league - a lot of fun. I used to play a bit of roller goalie like chaos too, but stopped when i was about 16 because our roller rink closed :(

• 1 month later...

I'll update some time..

I have maintained a pattern where, if I get 2 shots in a game, I score a goal. There was even a game where I got 2 shots, and didn't score.. then someone bounced one in off my knee to keep the pattern going.