NHL'94 Forums

PP vs PK

IceStorm70

So being bored i decided to check out some blitz A stats. For some odd reason i've been the least penalized team in the league. I'm gonna guess it may have to do with not B checking as much since i have two awesome heavy dmen, but that can't be proved.

Anyway, There were 276 PP goals in 177 SH goals this season which makes me believe having a PP isn't as great an advantage as most of us have thought. It seems like people let up a bit when they have a PP which allows for a bunch of shorties.

Anyway, There were 276 PP goals in 177 SH goals this season which makes me believe having a PP isn't as great an advantage as most of us have thought. It seems like people let up a bit when they have a PP which allows for a bunch of shorties.

I'm confused. Wouldn't having 56% more goals on the PP suggest that the PP IS an advantage? If it weren't, I would think the ratio would be closer to 1:1, instead of 1.56:1

its def an adv

but the team defences usually play horrible on powerplays thats why so many shorties

I actually had 23 SHG to 21 PPGA

buf also had 14 SHG to 13 PPGA

everybody else had more PPGA than shorties

while STL had the worst mark at 5 SHG to 33 PPGA

only two teams in the league had more Short handers against than powerplay goals

I'm confused. Wouldn't having 56% more goals on the PP suggest that the PP IS an advantage? If it weren't, I would think the ratio would be closer to 1:1, instead of 1.56:1

Ya it's an advantage but not as great an advantage as one might think. only holding a 56-44% scoring advantage when on PP isn't that great.

I find my defenseman play horrible when I'm on the PP. It's very easy for the other team to get a breakaway.

Part of the reason Icestorm doesn't get many penalties must be due to how much he relies on manual goalie.