NHL'94 Forums

New GDL XI DRAFT ORDER POLL

IceStorm70

New GDL XI Draft Order Poll  

17 members have voted

1. 1. How should the Draft order be determined for GDL X

• Reverse order of finish in GDL X with noobs at end
    • Reverse order of finish in GDL X by coach/team (noob assumes team draft spot)

Final poll. Option A had 10 votes in previous poll, however another option has been raised. Winner of this poll is how we'll order the draft.

Can someone explain how a noob coach coming in to assume the prior team draft spot makes any sense? The finish in GDL X was based on the playing ability of that coach, and his subsequent draft spot would reflect that. Weaker players get higher draft picks. Changing the coach and keeping the draft spot the same doesn't make any sense.

For example -- I don't think swos is playing in GDL XI (though I hope he has a change of mind), so some noob will get the last pick in the draft. Then Witt confirms he's out, so his team will have a top 6 pick (or something like that). Theoretically sebe can get a top 6 pick and LABS gets the last pick? Sounds so random...am I missing something here?

great question and I agree. But fortunately we're one vote away from not having to explore that scenario.

I think next season we need to look at how we classify 'noobs' someone of sebe's calibre should be put towards the bottom, someone newer without Sebe's skill level would be staioned higher. Again that would involve some arbitrary rankings that always leaves things up for debate, but this isnt an exact science either.

Voting is now closed. We'll continue with the previous draft order worst to first from GDLX and noobs at the end of the draft.

12 votes for old way suffices.

Thanks for voting.