NHL'94 Forums

Vancouver KO94trey Hotel HQ's

CoachMac

I would like to suggest this place for a location for all of us and easy Exis/Warmups/and of course 2v2.

Only a couple miles from the CBH Venue.
Their is a LaQuinta like across the street and cheaper, but this place looks really cool and better.

I am flying to Seattle driving in arriving Friday afternoon.  Leaving Monday.

Lets start making a plan.

https://riverrock.com

An idea i had was to airbnb a large house, then we can set up some consoles in the living room. Here are a couple that night work for that

https://www.booking.com/hotel/ca/bryson-home.html

http://www.besthomeinn.ca/index.php/zh/112-best-home-inn-richmond 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/18/2018 at 9:04 AM, smozoma said:

An idea i had was to airbnb a large house, then we can set up some consoles in the living room. Here are a couple that night work for that

https://www.booking.com/hotel/ca/bryson-home.html

http://www.besthomeinn.ca/index.php/zh/112-best-home-inn-richmond 

That would be pretty cool.

I was just checking in to see where everyone was staying but it doesn't look like there's been much input here.  Is this being discussed somewhere else.  I would like to book my trip early next week.

I like the big house idea... give us more flexibility for exis instead of cramming inside someone's room at TheQuinta.  Probably would cost around the same once we have enough people as well. Man stink builds up fast in those small hotel rooms.

More importantly, more room = more consoles = more exis = more fun = happy Smoz (let's be honest, I think we can all agree that's the end game here) 

27 minutes ago, IAmFleury'sHipCheck said:

I was just checking in to see where everyone was staying but it doesn't look like there's been much input here.  Is this being discussed somewhere else.  I would like to book my trip early next week.

I like the big house idea... give us more flexibility for exis instead of cramming inside someone's room at TheQuinta.  Probably would cost around the same once we have enough people as well. Man stink builds up fast in those small hotel rooms.

We're staying at La Quinta, go ahead and book! I'm thinking we try to get them to set us up in rooms with an adjoining doorway, if they have those. Then we can spread the manstink out a bit :P (game room, break room)

We discussed it on Discord. I should have posted an update on here.

I like the house idea, but La Quinta is so close to the venue... Something we can look into next time. 

27 minutes ago, IAmFleury'sHipCheck said:

More importantly, more room = more consoles = more exis = more fun = happy Smoz (let's be honest, I think we can all agree that's the end game here) 

download.png

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, IAmFleury'sHipCheck said:

damn, just saw this sweet house we could have rented for 12 ppl < 1 mile from venue but that's ok.  

I'll book at TheQuinta now... I'll check into the adjoining room.  

I think that one had 4 rooms and 6 beds (2 sofa beds), so "12" assumes everyone is double-bunking. 15 minute walk to the venue, not bad. Total cost was around CAD1200 for 2 nights, so with say 6 people it's around 100/night per person before some adjustments for who's sharing a room or sleeping in the living room. It did look really nice though, and great for exhis. I think there's 6 of us staying at La Quinta (assuming Jill is coming?); others have family/friends they'll be staying with and one group got their own airbnb in vancouver.

Thanks for looking into the adjoining rooms!

1 minute ago, IAmFleury'sHipCheck said:

OK, I just booked 2 rooms at that LaQuinta that have a connecting door.  We have a dedicated gaming space... spread the word please!

Awesome

wait.. a whole extra room just for gaming? Should someone drop their own reservation and take that room? Or we all chip in for the extra room?

1 minute ago, IAmFleury'sHipCheck said:

OK, I just booked 2 rooms at that LaQuinta that have a connecting door.  We have a dedicated gaming space... spread the word please!

Good job! EA.  I'll have a system and TWO Everdrives so we can have TWO 2v2 set ups if we want.

I am also going to try and pick up a CRT TV on my drive up from Seattle.

Maybe we could call LaQ and ask if TV's have the inputs we need.

1 minute ago, smozoma said:

Awesome

wait.. a whole extra room just for gaming? Should someone drop their own reservation and take that room? Or we all chip in for the extra room?

Just for gaming... this one's on EA.

Although, I may request to switch with someone else who has a king.  That way, Jill can get away when she wants to crash out and we can have 2 rooms going next to each other.  Hopefully that makes sense.

3 minutes ago, CoachMac said:

Good job! EA.  I'll have a system and TWO Everdrives so we can have TWO 2v2 set ups if we want.

I am also going to try and pick up a CRT TV on my drive up from Seattle.

Maybe we could call LaQ and ask if TV's have the inputs we need.

Great idea, Coach!  Let's get those CRTs going for sure.

I'll call LaQ now... now that I have booked, I need to call back anyway to make sure my note about the adjoining rooms is crystal since they said that was no problem.

Edited by IAmFleury'sHipCheck

3 minutes ago, IAmFleury'sHipCheck said:

Although, I may request to switch with someone else who has a king.  That way, Jill can get away when she wants to crash out and we can have 2 rooms going next to each other.  Hopefully that makes sense.

Awesome, thanks

I've got a 2 bed room booked not a 1 king (friend of mine from the Toronto tourney is coming). @CoachMac  @corbettkb ?

14 minutes ago, IAmFleury'sHipCheck said:

Good news... confirmed I will definitely have the adjoining rooms and they have HDMI & Composite inputs on their tvs so I think we'll be all set.  I might just bring the Framemeister so we can get a good image and minimal lag on one of the HDMI tvs.

If we had 1 more CRT or monitor, we could have 4 going at all times... that would be pretty cool. @smozoma@angryjay93@CoachMac@corbettkb

Edited by IAmFleury'sHipCheck
  • Thanks 1