NHL'94 Forums

road ice advantage

kgman

for some reason road ice for majority of teams in gens a is been better than plating with home ice . in my opinion and i hope the board and Evan agree that it should be the choice of the person whether he gets road or home ice adv ....i know there might be some issue with the prgramming of the site but even if says home game does it really matter if its a road game .......my whalers are wondering if they should purposly tank the remander of the season because of this ......any comments are welcoem

for some reason road ice for majority of teams in gens a is been better than plating with home ice . in my opinion and i hope the board and Evan agree that it should be the choice of the person whether he gets road or home ice adv ....i know there might be some issue with the prgramming of the site but even if says home game does it really matter if its a road game .......my whalers are wondering if they should purposly tank the remander of the season because of this ......any comments are welcoem

it took me about 2 minutes to realize you were talking about the playoffs, but once that clicked, you make a good point. "home ice advantage" in the playoffs should be the players choice.

Guest BSDaemon
it took me about 2 minutes to realize you were talking about the playoffs, but once that clicked, you make a good point. "home ice advantage" in the playoffs should be the players choice.

While it absolutely strays from the NHL standard way of doing it, so that we would lose some authenticity, I would agree. Home ice in an online game really means nothing, aside from the direction youre skating. Let the "home ice advantage" team choose which side they want to defend for 2 periods.

I think home ice does make an advantage. The NHL94.NET draft league proved it.

- We used 7 minute periods in the league. With the added time it just exagerated the effects.

- Drafted teams to balance things out and keep the teams even.

A lot of the games it did'nt matter. But where it DID matter was in the blow outs games. The majority (if not all) of the blow outs were won by the home teams. I think some blow outs were by more then 10 goals! And this is with some pretty similarly skilled players.

Don't forget that different teams have different degrees of home ice advantage. For me, this season with Chicago my record at home is much better than on the road, which matches the game's rating of Chicago's home ice advantage as "high" (10-2 at home, 5-6 on road). Likewise, Hartford is listed as having a "low" home ice advantage and road ice disadvantage.

Guest BSDaemon
Don't forget that different teams have different degrees of home ice advantage. For me, this season with Chicago my record at home is much better than on the road, which matches the game's rating of Chicago's home ice advantage as "high" (10-2 at home, 5-6 on road). Likewise, Hartford is listed as having a "low" home ice advantage and road ice disadvantage.

I'd agree with you, except that I play as chicago as well, and my road record is MUCH better.

To me, playing on the road is an advantage. and without the option of having the higher ranked player pick whether they want home or away... then i may as well forefit all the rest of my games, since id rather be the away team

Exactly my point Hartford has low adv at home and by finishing first i would hurting my chance to win the cup in post season.........Evan whats the offcial response from the board of directors of which i nominate myself vocally the deer and u of coarse swos and wboy......lol

Guest BSDaemon

There are many changes that could be made. Since this isnt the real world, and this isnt the real NHL... we may have to lose some authenticity in order to make the game more online-friendly.

The other major change I would like to see is to create divisions based on timezone (thereby making most of your games scheduled against players who are in the same timezone)

Maybe I'll create a thread on changes I'd like to see, and let people discuss.