NHL'94 Forums

hate to be a dik but coaches who use diff names have to be stopped

hokkeefan

even if ip is close to same address as other player means there is bs goings on so figure out how to stop cuz this ruins legitamously of league competition............if ip is close to same like first 2 numbers it comes from same computer so figure out way to stop duplication......but if nothing is said by evan no one knows so make it fair ...1 entry per player and thats that or be disqualified :D

even if ip is close to same address as other player means there is bs goings on so figure out how to stop cuz this ruins legitamously of league competition............if ip is close to same like first 2 numbers it comes from same computer so figure out way to stop duplication......but if nothing is said by evan no one knows so make it fair ...1 entry per player and thats that or be disqualified :D

yeah that's obviously happened before with one person (who has since been removed since) using three names...

although, how do you know it's the same guy using two different coaches names and not a different guy using his buddy's computer?

We can track IPs, and can investigate situations... but you'll never really know who is sitting behind the computer unless you're in the same room. I wouldn't worry about it.

yeah you pretty much cant do a whole heck of a lot about it.

Also,

if ip is close to same like first 2 numbers it comes from same computer

No offence, but I would suggest not making ridiculous statements about technologies you don't know anything about... it makes you look kind of foolish.

yeah you pretty much cant do a whole heck of a lot about it.

Also,

No offence, but I would suggest not making ridiculous statements about technologies you don't know anything about... it makes you look kind of foolish.

of course its a foolish statement... licked up and over tired ....brain not working at 5 am....you guys should be used of my stupid comments in early hours ....im kinda like dr jekyll and mr.hyde ....just add alcohol :blink:i think what i was trying to spit out is that if you change your ip on your computer it usually comes back with the 1st 2 numbers the same and changes last 2 trust me ive changed mine 3 times and it always has the same 1st 2 numbers but yeah i have no fricken idea what im talking about

im kinda like dr jekyll and mr.hyde

hey doctor jekyll and mr.hyde...is that two different profiles? :D

of course its a foolish statement... licked up and over tired ....brain not working at 5 am....you guys should be used of my stupid comments in early hours ....im kinda like dr jekyll and mr.hyde ....just add alcohol :blink:i think what i was trying to spit out is that if you change your ip on your computer it usually comes back with the 1st 2 numbers the same and changes last 2 trust me ive changed mine 3 times and it always has the same 1st 2 numbers but yeah i have no fricken idea what im talking about

All depends on the subnet.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cr0ssbar94
even if ip is close to same address as other player means there is bs goings on so figure out how to stop cuz this ruins legitamously of league competition............if ip is close to same like first 2 numbers it comes from same computer so figure out way to stop duplication......but if nothing is said by evan no one knows so make it fair ...1 entry per player and thats that or be disqualified :)

Its easy as pie to use an alternate IP, there is no way to tell other than by playing styles.

It would be impossible for me, for example, to use another IP because of my playing style. I use a unique 'pass shot' which to my knowledge noone else uses/knows how to use. I'd be spotted immediately.

However if you really dont have a signature move that stands out you can probably use as many ip's as you want. :(

Guest cr0ssbar94
The pass-shot is pretty common actually.

You don't understand. I do a diagonal shot from the side of the net, top shelf, using a pass shot. I'm not talking about the pass shot where you randomly pass it toward the net and hope it goes in by luck, or through the goalies legs.

You have to time it perfectly, it's a finesse move and noone I play has ever used it.

It's easier if I just show you a quick demo -

You don't understand. I do a diagonal shot from the side of the net, top shelf, using a pass shot. I'm not talking about the pass shot where you randomly pass it toward the net and hope it goes in by luck, or through the goalies legs.

You have to time it perfectly, it's a finesse move and noone I play has ever used it.

It's easier if I just show you a quick demo -

I do understand. It's used quite commonly.

Guest cr0ssbar94
I do understand. It's used quite commonly.

*sigh* Why must you argue about EVERYTHING? If I said the sky was blue youd say it was green. :)

I have yet to see 1 person who uses this move on Genesis, and I get asked all the time how I do it.

Sorry, it's not a common move. It's not even a RARE move, because I have never seen ANYONE do it. I'm not sure how common or easy it is on SNES, since I don't play that version much.

But on Genesis I'm the only person I know who uses it/knows how to do it. At least in the league. In fact I cannot think of this goal ever being ATTEMPTED against me, let alone scored against me, in any league game in history. Ever. I don't think that qualifies as "common".

If you want background on the move I invented it myself one day while trying to figure out how to mimick Mark Messier's patented wrist shot off the wrong foot, and this is what I came up with. I spent many hours upon hours "perfecting" it and timing it whenever I played 94 (or 93 or 92).

I will create a longer video and perhaps you will get a better idea of all the variations/techniques. I tried to explain how to do the move to various members but after a few BAD attempts they all gave up trying, lol.

You need to practice it a lot though before you perfect it. For instance, if you are more to the left of the goalie, you have to "pass the shot" from further out etc. Its all about where you are, and when to shoot.

If there's ever a 93 league I would own it since no goalie control = field day for me and "the pass shot". :)

*sigh* Why must you argue about EVERYTHING? If I said the sky was blue youd say it was green. :)

I have yet to see 1 person who uses this move on Genesis, and I get asked all the time how I do it.

Sorry, it's not a common move. It's not even a RARE move, because I have never seen ANYONE do it. I'm not sure how common or easy it is on SNES, since I don't play that version much.

But on Genesis I'm the only person I know who uses it/knows how to do it. At least in the league. In fact I cannot think of this goal ever being ATTEMPTED against me, let alone scored against me, in any league game in history. Ever. I don't think that qualifies as "common".

If you want background on the move I invented it myself one day while trying to figure out how to mimick Mark Messier's patented wrist shot off the wrong foot, and this is what I came up with. I spent many hours upon hours "perfecting" it and timing it whenever I played 94 (or 93 or 92).

I will create a longer video and perhaps you will get a better idea of all the variations/techniques. I tried to explain how to do the move to various members but after a few BAD attempts they all gave up trying, lol.

You need to practice it a lot though before you perfect it. For instance, if you are more to the left of the goalie, you have to "pass the shot" from further out etc. Its all about where you are, and when to shoot.

If there's ever a 93 league I would own it since no goalie control = field day for me and "the pass shot". :)

Wait... you think you invented it? LOL. Right, and I invented the one timer this one day when I was trying to get a shot off quickly after a pass.... :)

Heh whatever dude, you just keep thinking you've got something new if that's what makes you feel good. :)

Guest cr0ssbar94
Wait... you think you invented it? LOL. Right, and I invented the one timer this one day when I was trying to get a shot off quickly after a pass.... :)

Comparing a one timer to the pass shot which I developed...wow. OK, if you say so. I guess the words under my avatar really do ring true: "THE PASS SHOT, WHICH EVERYONE IS JEALOUS OF".

Heh whatever dude, you just keep thinking you've got something new if that's what makes you feel good. :)

Actually, yeah, it does feel kinda good to have developed an entirely new way to score for NHL 94. And there is no debating that. Find me one league member who uses the pass shot I personally developed and get back to me. I can tell you without hesitation, 90% of the GENS league members have asked me "How do you do that shot?"

See, I think I know where you're getting confused. Passing the puck towards the net and trying to score is very common, but nobody ever developed a system of how to do it/perfect until I did (actually, I'm sure somebody else somewhere in America uses it. But it's an extremely rare and difficult move to say the least).

Look I'm sure there are some (very few) members who will say they know how to do it, which basically means they might score on it 1 or 2 out of every 10 attempts. This is why even if you find someone who "knows" how to do it, they won't do it during league games because they're not very good at it. I've practiced it so much that I'd say if I get a clear shot at the net, 7 of 10 times it's going in. In other words I'm the only one who uses the move during league games, thus it is not common at all.

I doubt you even watched the video link I provided. Look, I sense some jealousy on your part and that's natural. But if you study the video, I guarantee you too can learn "the pass shot". But you'll need lots of practice. Take care. :)

P.S., a SNES NHL 94 player telling me, a GENS player what is common is the GENS league...riiiiiiiiigggghhhhttttt...

See, I think I know where you're getting confused. Passing the puck towards the net and trying to score is very common, but nobody ever developed a system of how to do it/perfect until I did (actually, I'm sure somebody else somewhere in America uses it. But it's an extremely rare and difficult move to say the least).

Cr0ssbar's the only guy I've seen who's made the pass shot a precision weapon rather than a desperation move.

I've been scored on with the 'pass shot' but it was because there was a man behind the net who supposed to receive the pass. I haven't played against anyone(or atleast enough to notice) that uses a straight pass shot as part of their offence.

Guest cr0ssbar94
Cr0ssbar's the only guy I've seen who's made the pass shot a precision weapon rather than a desperation move.

Thanks. Yeh BS is trying to make it sound like I think I'm the best player in the league when clearly I'm not. I just find it funny though how he's telling everyone the move is "common" when he's never even played me before or seen the goal.

Anyone can do the move well if they practice it enough, I believe. Although as of yet I'm still the only one who actually does use it. I think it can really can add an extra weapon to your arsenal if you learn it, but who knows how effective it really is. It's just a fun, interesting way to score that some people may want to try.

My goal is for the move to actually BE common one day. Then I can take credit for it the way Bobby Orr reinvented the game with the offensive defenseman, heh. :)

Guest cr0ssbar94
Anyway, this is just going to go back and forth and back and forth, so I'm ending it here. Congrats on your invention.

There's nothing to argue about. The move is not common, nor does anyone in the league use it. That's a fact. I should know, I play in the GENS league. To suggest otherwise would simply be wrong.

Anyway thanks for the congrats. I credit Messier with inspiring me to create the shot. :)

There's nothing to argue about. The move is not common, nor does anyone in the league use it. That's a fact. I should know, I play in the GENS league. To suggest otherwise would simply be wrong.

Anyway thanks for the congrats. I credit Messier with inspiring me to create the shot. :)

:)