NHL'94 Forums

Draft Order

angryjay93

So whats the draft order, is it going to be completly random, completly based off the standings or will we do exactly what the NHL does? also if we do have expansion teams, where do they belong in the draft. I volunteer my services in setting up the draft order no matter what format we pick to make sure everything is ironed out in a timely fashion.

with the prospect of having so many expansion teams plus alot of first time drafters (guys that were replacements) having a completely random order would make the most sense. that way everyone has the same chance of getting the #1 pick, would seem the most fair, and would eliminate possible conflicts.

just my opinion... :D

It will be a lottery-type random drawing based on last season's standings. New owners will be given one "ball". Hockeygirl will pick the numbers out of a hat like last season.

Since we will be having a snake draft again, the results of the drawing will not be the actual draft position, but will rather be the order of choosing your draft position.

For example, if you win the top draw, you can pick anywhere you want from first to last in the draft. The drawing will be held no later than this Sunday, hopefully sooner.

So how many balls will each team get? Will the teams that finished 15-20 get like 4 balls each or will we give say the 20th place team 20 balls and give 19th place 19 balls and so on? Personally id like to see a batch of teams get teh same amount because some games never got logged for whatever reason and it can be a bit shaddy to decide who gets the first pick and such. If youd like Dmitry, i can use Excel and do some random number generations to decide the draft order so we could get a draft list by tonight at the latest. If you want to do the thing with hockey girl though where you pick out of a hat though, i reckon ill just have to get some more patience in learning where i will be drafting next season.

It will be a lottery-type random drawing based on last season's standings. New owners will be given one "ball". Hockeygirl will pick the numbers out of a hat like last season.

Since we will be having a snake draft again, the results of the drawing will not be the actual draft position, but will rather be the order of choosing your draft position.

For example, if you win the top draw, you can pick anywhere you want from first to last in the draft. The drawing will be held no later than this Sunday, hopefully sooner.

do draft on saturday man :)

I still dont really get what were doing to decide who gets where in the draft. If hockey girl is going to pick teams from a hat, how many pieces of paper will each team get? I think the lower people that were in the standings should get more chance to get an earlier pick. Just a suggestion.

But, like always, it's up to Dmitry.

hockey girl is my fiance. she helped last season.

angryjay is working on setting up the draft with me.

heres the official draft pick order along with the number of pieces of paper in the hat for each player:

QUE jj 1 18

Van DMAC 2 12

HFD Ranatoro 3 5

CHI EA 4 4

FLA skool 5 7

S.J ED 6 19

DET hokkee 7 10

N.J magus 8 20

MTL habs 9 6

NYI Scribe 10 11

OTT itmemikehey 11 8

WSH clockwise 12 1