NHL'94 Forums

is it possible to have a trade day mid season?

hokkeefan

I was thinking about that too. I really don't think there should be a trade period once the season has begun. If there's someone who's pretty much out of the playoff hunt and just dumps away his talent for almost nothing to one person (maybe they might be friends or there's some kind of preferential treatment), it's not really going to be fair to the rest.

Maybe I'm looking too far into this b/c I'm taking a worst case example but I just think allowing a trade period would cause more problems than it's worth.

I was thinking about that too. I really don't think there should be a trade period once the season has begun. If there's someone who's pretty much out of the playoff hunt and just dumps away his talent for almost nothing to one person (maybe they might be friends or there's some kind of preferential treatment), it's not really going to be fair to the rest.

Maybe I'm looking too far into this b/c I'm taking a worst case example but I just think allowing a trade period would cause more problems than it's worth.

Unfair trades can be reviewed by the league and voted on by the GMs then. A series of trades right after the draft prior to the season is worthless in my eyes. You get a chance to correct draft mistakes right after you make them...but what if you made more mistakes than you realized and think you can swing some deals to get back in the race?

I agree, have a either a trade board or dmitry accept or veto trades. And maybe a 1 week midseason period where trading is allowed, the rom and database updated.

Trade boards work as rip off deals cant be made.

the only way this would work is if all teams involved in trading have played every scheduled game prior to the trade period. otherwise the traded players won't match the database when the old games are uploaded.

I think we should have a trade day but not to close to then end or else just like EA said, there might be some unfair trades.

A trade day would be a good idea though. If you have a player that's just totally not working for you maybe there can be some trades during that trade day.

(sweet! my 100th post!) :D