NHL'94 Forums

Do we need to add a mercy rule?

thegr8199

I know a few teams this season are just trying to rack up the stats, especially against the newer players.

Now I know this is a matter of opinion, but do you think after a certain goal lead that mercy should be given by taking the save state at that time?

no. that is like restricter plate racing in NASCAR. woot woot!

Half the fun for some of the coaches is the individual player stats. You don't want to limit that for them. There aren't as many struggling coaches this year as there was last year, and often times blowouts are just the nature of the game. Things hopefully pan out as the season goes on, and tighter games will occur more frequently.

there's my two cents

I don't think we need a mercy rule, but let's try to keep the goals to under 10, guys.. It's just embarassing getting whooped by 10+ goals.

I think we should consider pumping up the goalies for the next season. Most of them are just brutal, and I think the league would be more competitive with more goalies in the "all star" 75-90 range.

That's completely ridiculous. These games take about 5 mins to play. Now we're going to cut that even shorter b/c of a couple extra goals and some potentially fragile egos?

As you can tell by my stance, I would be one of those teams that gr81 is referring to. And he's right, I will try my best to rack up the stats BUT let me say that I will try that with anyone, I'm not biased to newbies or veterans. I would expect the same treatment in return. There's no hurt feelings if it happens to me. I don't see why I should be held back for drafting a team that I think compliments my play.