NHL'94 Forums

Sub-Conference League?

thegr8199

Scribe, kgman and I were chatting about splitting the league into two sub conferences and have it so if a team in B is winning alot, they would swap conferences with a team in A that is struggling to compete. Conferences would only play each other, it could be up to 30 teams (15/15) or as it is now (12/12). Like soccer format, but have a tourny(playoffs) that is like a FA Cup style.

Its a good solution to even the competition, so a B team would have the chance to win it all. A team winning its conference would still be crowned a champion.

Opinions?

my opinion:

Don't even use the term "perfect solution" on this message board. It guaruntees an eventual and meaningless debate.

With that said, it's a decent idea. But...... it leaves a lot of question marks. How is player personel divied up in two conferences? Each conference has it's own player pool, or only 1 draft for all 30 teams? Is team #17 going to get all pissy because he isn't included in the elite, regardless of his own chances of moving up (remember.... we have a lot of pissy people these days.)

Is the B division's only chance of "winning it all" through an end of the year tournament? Will this ruin the legitamacy of a B team champion if the chance arises he wins it all? Any team swapping, bottom 4 of A and top 4 of B switching at a pre-determined date? Is there ever going to be a time when we can stop automatically using male-based pronouns because hot and topless chicks are going to be playing NHL94 and loving us because of our mad skills? Please make reason of this all!

uhhhhhh... i don't get it. I just finished my 3rd day at my new job so maybe I'm just a little fried to begin with. Who knew working the drive thru at Taco Bell was going to be a lot more challenging than the drive thru at Wendy's. (For all you Canadians out there, Taco Bell is a fast food restaurant that serves Mexican "cuisine") ;-)

I'm open to ideas for next season but can't we just keep it the way it is for the remainder of this season?

Is there ever going to be a time when we can stop automatically using male-based pronouns because hot and topless chicks are going to be playing NHL94 and loving us because of our mad skills? Please make reason of this all!

Hip Hop Hurray, f'ing hilarious! Perfectly said. Wait, I'm not supposed to use that word on here. My apologies.

uhhhhhh... i don't get it. I just finished my 3rd day at my new job so maybe I'm just a little fried to begin with. Who knew working the drive thru at Taco Bell was going to be a lot more challenging than the drive thru at Wendy's. (For all you Canadians out there, Taco Bell is a fast food restaurant that serves Mexican "cuisine") ;-)

I'm open to ideas for next season but can't we just keep it the way it is for the remainder of this season?

Dont worry man, Canadians know what Taco Bell is :blink:

But i agree with you by just keeping it the way it is. Come on guys, right when we start the season, why do you have to put up these ideas that most likely will not happen this season? We should really just leave everything the way it is and stop trying to make it a "perfect league" that usually ends up in a huge debate.