NHL'94 Forums

I think I'm getting the hang of it

Comeback_King

Hey guys, been a member for a little bit and visit the website kinda frequently trying to understand how you guys know all this stuff! It's beyond me, this computer stuff. But I think I figured out how to play on-line but can't find anyone to play against. Is there anyone out there that would like to play a quick game so I know exactly what to do? From what I gathered, I go to netplay, pick a server (this is where I get lost- any server? what's a server?) anyway i picked one and created a game nhl 94 and I guess wait??? Nobody joins in. I think I'm doing this correctly but everyone is playing fighting games. Man I'm 28 and grew up on the consoles not computers so any help would be appreciated. Basically I'm looking to play my friends, new people in the chicagoland area (anyone from the area?) and see how good I am to play on-line in a league. It sounds like I'm gonna get my ass kicked but it's better than beating the same people every time. Thanks Matt

If it's SNES you're playing i can probably help you out...add me to aim...cheers

thanks halifax but i downloaded the original gens 94. the nhl 94/07 version, nhl 07 2 on 2 which is cool, nhl 91 (great work on that one dude!) and sega cd version which i can't get working after i downloaded everything- all these games for genesis.

I couldn't get into the snes version

It sounds like you're doing everything right, but you have to collaborate with someone to play a game. Can't expect someone to just pop into your game without planning it. Hit up a few guys on AIM or on the forum who tend to play often and then you'll be able to start a game online.

Make sense?

-Evan

It sounds like you're doing everything right, but you have to collaborate with someone to play a game. Can't expect someone to just pop into your game without planning it. Hit up a few guys on AIM or on the forum who tend to play often and then you'll be able to start a game online.

Make sense?

-Evan

ok, that's what i thought. my buddy joined a couple weeks ago and got a message saying you'll recieve an email notification in 10 minutes, he never got it, so he joined again, still nothing? he downloaded the gens emulator and can play the game but when i wanted to play him on=line, under file- he doesn't have NETPLAY. why is that? do u have to be a member, then download the emulator to get netplay. or is this something with his computer? Yeah my questions might sound dumb but I suck what can I say. thanks for the help. we can't figure out why he isn't getting a notification. he can't reply to this topic either, tried that too

ok, that's what i thought. my buddy joined a couple weeks ago and got a message saying you'll recieve an email notification in 10 minutes, he never got it, so he joined again, still nothing? he downloaded the gens emulator and can play the game but when i wanted to play him on=line, under file- he doesn't have NETPLAY. why is that? do u have to be a member, then download the emulator to get netplay. or is this something with his computer? Yeah my questions might sound dumb but I suck what can I say. thanks for the help. we can't figure out why he isn't getting a notification. he can't reply to this topic either, tried that too

Netplay will only appear in the menu if the kaillera.ddl client is in the same directory as Gens. Here's a tutorial Evan's done for getting started online.

I have a dedicated '94 emulinker server thats in Chicago. Lag should be non-existent if your both from the same local.

Enter ip 208.100.63.106 in netplay.

Good luck.