NHL'94 Forums

Do you think the league should consider expansion?

halifax

18 members have voted

1. 1. expansion?

• yes
    • no

you said line changes. that's where you lost me

I played a line-changes game recently, and it was flippin' brutal, even with CHI and MTL. I'm not sure how I enjoyed line changes so much in dmitry's first league.. musta been because I had an amazing goalie (giguere) and the smartest player i've ever seen in nhl94 (federov).

So now i need to work out a way to have 10-team leagues that don't use all the players. Current thought: flip the weights so that guys rated highly (lemieux, hull, etc) are actually good, and then give people a salary cap with which they can draft. ie, lemieux costs you $9.9 million dollars, because he's rated 99, and you only have 40 million or so to draft your top 6 players with. backup players would have some other limitation so you can't pick scrubs for your 5th and 6th guys, then pick some good guys as "backups" and then play them on the top line.

I played a line-changes game recently, and it was flippin' brutal, even with CHI and MTL. I'm not sure how I enjoyed line changes so much in dmitry's first league.. musta been because I had an amazing goalie (giguere) and the smartest player i've ever seen in nhl94 (federov).

So now i need to work out a way to have 10-team leagues that don't use all the players. Current thought: flip the weights so that guys rated highly (lemieux, hull, etc) are actually good, and then give people a salary cap with which they can draft. ie, lemieux costs you $9.9 million dollars, because he's rated 99, and you only have 40 million or so to draft your top 6 players with. backup players would have some other limitation so you can't pick scrubs for your 5th and 6th guys, then pick some good guys as "backups" and then play them on the top line.

Heh. Smoz, you have the exact same idea as I do/did. FVHL and all. I wanted to have salaries at the start, but the process proved too complicated so we settled for bidding instead.