NHL'94 Forums

Lag concerns

I don't mean to call anyone out but I just want to get things out there before the season starts. There's a couple coaches that I experienced severe lag issues with last season and I want to make sure that it's been fixed going into this season.

The 2 I experienced the most lag were with Carse and TYP666:

Carse - although he was at school so maybe it's just a matter of what time we play. Although, I don't want to have to do a work from home day everytime I need to play him.

Takeyourpill666 - it seemed like he had a fixable lag issue since it started around the time we tried to get our series for GDL2 completed.

I just wanted to see if there was anything you guys could do to ensure our games run smoothly this season. If you need me to practice with so you can test the connection, please feel free to hit me up when I'm online.

This is an open forum to discuss lag with different coaches. Hopefully, this will alleviate some of those issues so lag doesn't interfere with the league when it's in full swing. I'm sure TYP will attest to this due to our series, but games just aren't as fun when you have to start them 3 different times or you have to start playing at 2:34 in the 2nd period.

Here is a list of current coaches (although coaches on the waiting list should be looped into this as well):

1. newjerseykiller

2. edisaurusrex

3. DaDonch44

4. MattHurray

5. smozoma

6. Hokkeefan

7. TessLog

8. dmac

9. scribe99

10 .skoolyardpuck

11. KingsCupRun93

12. takeyourpill666

13. Vocally Caged

14. thegr8199kings

15. angryjay93

16. Carse

17. HABS

18. kgman

19. EricAnthony76

20. Backhandfloater

21. IceStorm70

22. awesomerino

23. Jamonica

24. SSiG

I'm not sure if P2P is going to work for those at a University. P2P sometimes involves opening up firewall ports. Not sure how thats gonna fly...

Hosting p2p might not work for everyone but the new kaillera file allows both p2p and server play, it works with all gens emulators, and it allows the recording of movies ... So I'd suggest it's a good idea for everyone to upgrade. If anyone needs help in figuring out how to host a p2p game (anyone can play p2p as long as the home team has set up their router) let me know and I can help through AIM.

Yeah this new Kaillera is really working good for me whenever I've played.

I got a question, if you record a movie, where does the file go?

It's saved in one of the gens folders. To play the file, you go to netplay and change your option from p2p or client, to playback. You'll see a list of your saved movies.

It's saved in one of the gens folders. To play the file, you go to netplay and change your option from p2p or client, to playback. You'll see a list of your saved movies.

Thanks. :)

Is there a way to convert it so I can have it in like an AVI or MPEG file?

Thanks. :)

Is there a way to convert it so I can have it in like an AVI or MPEG file?

Yes, what I do is replay the video and use a desktop capturing program which records everything on your desktop into an .avi format. The free one I like is http://camstudio.org/