NHL'94 Forums

Classic League News - March 27th

halifax

Some updates

1. Addisonbr will be taking on a reduced role for the classic league due to personal reasons which will take up a lot of his time over the next few months.

2. I'll be overseeing the entire league...both genesis and snes.

3. I can look after stats...however anyone that enjoys this type of role would be most welcome to do this for me. Please send me a pm or post in this topic. If more than one apply, I'll select the person I feel most suitable.

4. I'll update my juiced league site to represent the leagues.

5. The registration will now close by April 4th and the league will begin April 7th(or before).

What kind of stats :o

same as previous classic seasons....scores...and standings(W-L-T-GF-GA-PTS)

sorry, this is probably wrong place to ask this but, is it true every team is going to make the playoffs now?

and if this is true, why?

yes...but probably not how you envision.

say for example there's 16 teams(like last year) in the GENS A league. The top 8 finishers (regardless of division) would make the top tier playoffs. The winner of this playoff tournament would be considered the overall genesis champion.

Instead of the bottom 8 not paying in a playoff series...they would have their own playoff tournament which would be completely separate...like a lower tier playoffs...for no other reason than simply playoff series are fun to play in. (*edit) and perhaps as well an incentive to finish the season as well.

Hey halifax. I would definitely be willing to handle all the stats. At least for one of the leagues if not for both. I am relatively new so I have no agendas and chances are I might be put on a waiting list anyway. In either case I would be up for the commitment. Stuff like that is right up my alley. Just IM me if you need help.

AIM: fvhole

I don't think that I can do them all, but here is my template:

0000ox5.png

I think that it's visually a little too busy, but I want some feedback regarding what people would like to see...GF and GA is a lot trickier to make automatic than I think people realize :o

Hey dude, I'm gonna sit out this season of the classic.

I'm already in 4 other leagues (GDL, FVHL, SunGods new league, and the 2o2 league).

Good Luck this season boys

cause it's not Home and Away, it's you and them. I could do the abbreviations but that's actually a lot harder than you might think, and a lot harder than using the logos...

How is it not home and away?

thanks to all those who volunteered to do stats and to metz for creating a standings/sked page for the league.

Addisonbr told me he's gonna look after the scores and standings from his own site but won't play in the league. I'll leave that as is for now...if anything changes for him and he's unable to commit then i'll revisit this issue.