NHL'94 Forums

GDL 5 Draft Rules

angryjay93

Most guys know how this goes down by now, but i want to throw in a few things to make the whole process clear to everyone.

The draft is 12 rounds, 6 F, 4 D, and 2 G are neccessary to fill out the roster. The draft will take place under snake format.

A schedule will be posted for set time frames for managers to post their picks. If all picks before a set time have been posted, a manager need not wait until his time window to proceed with his pick. But, if just one pick has not taken place before a managers time, he must wait until his designated time that is on the schedule before making a pick.

If a manger has missed his time by more than 10 draft spots, he will automatically be rewarded the top rated player based on a position where he has the greatest need. for example, if a player has 2 F and 1 G drafted, i will give him the highest rated D man, not the highest rated player, likely a F at that point.

Draft picks can be traded. but each manager only has 3 trades total for the draft and preseason combined.

If you know you will not be available to make a pick at your designated time, leave a list of players with either I, donch, or someone else you trust to post the pick for you. If you miss your pick time, and someone behind you picks your player, tough luck, there is no tolerance here. Also, players that are rewarded due to missing your pick for 10 draft spots can not be removed from your roster via free agency. You may trade them though, but for draft purposes, you are stuck with them.

The draft starts at 9 A.M. EST every morning and ends roughly around 11 P.M. EST every night.

The draft should take approx. 7 days.

The draft will start Thursday at 9 A.M. (officially) If the database is not ready at that point, i will find an alternative way to show who is available in the draft.

In the mean time though, the first few picks can get rolling.

Any questions or comments, feel free to post them below.

The draft will start Thursday at 9 A.M...........holy @#$! are you trying to kill me here

Yeah, just put up the first round and let us pick up some steam.

Just don't skip anyone until Thursday, though.