NHL'94 Forums

GENS Classic - Fall 2008 - STARTS NOW!

metzgerism

GENS Classic League - Fall 2008

nhl94_cartridge.gif

With the help of Statto, we have a team lineup for the 32 players in GENS Classic League. A waiting list will be formed shortly.

"A" LEAGUE

Boston Bruins - icestormnhl94

Buffalo Sabres - swos94

Calgary Flames - vocallycaged

Chicago Blackhawks - sebe82

Dallas Stars - beefjerkyrules6

Detroit Red Wings - freydey32

Edmonton Oilers - angryjay93

Hartford Whalers - skoolyardpuck

Los Angeles Kings - ensuingfracas

Montréal Canadiens - canadianist

Pittsburgh Penguins - tickenest

Québec Nordiques - mlnewc

Toronto Maple Leafs - minddefect

Vancouver Canucks - hokkeefan2

Washington Capitals - kbermangv

Winnipeg Jets - smozoma

"B" LEAGUE

Boston Bruins - zalex1414

Buffalo Sabres - wagsth

Calgary Flames - sarcdoc23

Chicago Blackhawks - nikpetro

Detroit Red Wings - jkuefner45

Hartford Whalers - andricecakes

Los Angeles Kings - jimcraig30usa

New Jersey Devils - secondandbowery

New York Rangers - iwikhtqy

Montréal Canadiens - rynweinmeyer

Pittsburgh Penguins - houlanov

Québec Nordiques - eastvanapna

St. Louis Blues - monkeyjuice1702

Toronto Maple Leafs - metzgerism

Vancouver Canucks - gonzo96132

Winnipeg Jets - jtakkunen04

Here is the GENS Classic ROM for Fall 2008 :

nhl94_classic_fall2008.bin

(changes to menu defaults for ease of use, 5 minute OT, and lighter ice)

LEAGUE FORMAT

Play every other team in your league TWICE (once home, once away).

2 points for a win, 1 point for a tie, 0 points for a loss.

The top 8 teams after the regular season will be in the playoffs.

If two teams are tied for 8th place on points, baseball-style tiebreakers will be used.

GAME RULES

Period Length: 5 minutes

Penalties: On, but no Offsides

Line Changes: Off

Goalie Control: Manual

DEADLINES/CHECKPOINTS

The deadline for the regular season will be, tentatively Sunday, November 23rd.

You must play 1 game every 2 days, on average, starting with 10 games completed by Sunday, October 12th.

Starting on Monday, October 13th, the player with the lowest GP may be replaced if they are behind on their games.

RESULTS

Post AND confirm your scores here:

"A" League: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showforum=85

"B" League: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showforum=86

Games will not be "legit" without confirmation from both coaches.

CONDUCT

Please have good sportsmanship, in wins, losses, and ties equally. Disrespect or offensive language will not be tolerated, and will be dealt with subjectively.

If you believe that an opponent is behaving inappropriately, please bring it up with the commissioner (metzgerism), and provide any evidence you can.

Points penalties and ejections will be used if the commissioner deems it necessary.

GENS Classic League Fall 2008 STARTS NOW!

HAVE FUN!

RESULTS

Post AND confirm your scores here:

"A" League: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showforum=85

[/font]"B" League: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showforum=86

Games will not be "legit" without confirmation from both coaches.

I heard there was a web interface?

smoz: Statto's working on something, but ultimately it won't be user-input. In fact, it'll just be metzger-and-statto-input.

But we'll have relatively up-to-date standings soon.

What kind of system is this going to be? Using a database at all? I don't really see why you'd go through a ton of effort to create some new system if it's not going to have user input.

What kind of system is this going to be? Using a database at all? I don't really see why you'd go through a ton of effort to create some new system if it's not going to have user input.

It took about two hours, to be honest :)

It's just a simple mysql database where you input games and it spits out an automatic metzgerism spreadsheet. Takes out a lot of the work of generating the spreadsheet while still allowing easy goal/against/OT tracking.

User input wouldn't be too hard, I've programmed logins/restricted areas before, but I have neither time nor desire to write something like that at this point in time.

Ok guys,

Just went through the long political, and very tedious process of removing my firewall so I can use AIM and netplay! The major internet provider here in Dubai (Etisalat) has extremely restrictive rules for even residential connections. They've gone so far as to block skype activity. You should have seen the look on their face when I told them what I was trying to do smile.gif

I'm a newbee to this league, but a veteran to 94. Due to the time difference and my inability to stay logged on 24/7. can people email me at newcomb.matt@gmail.com to arrange some game times, or post on here. I hope this doesn't sound stupid, but am I missing the main method of scheduling games by writing this??

Look forward to hearing back soon,

Matt

+971509560581

Ok guys,

Just went through the long political, and very tedious process of removing my firewall so I can use AIM and netplay! The major internet provider here in Dubai (Etisalat) has extremely restrictive rules for even residential connections. They've gone so far as to block skype activity. You should have seen the look on their face when I told them what I was trying to do smile.gif

I'm a newbee to this league, but a veteran to 94. Due to the time difference and my inability to stay logged on 24/7. can people email me at newcomb.matt@gmail.com to arrange some game times, or post on here. I hope this doesn't sound stupid, but am I missing the main method of scheduling games by writing this??

Look forward to hearing back soon,

Matt

+971509560581

Yes. I probably should have confirmed your connection before allowing you in.

AIM is just about everything - games are traditionally done on-the-spot, I will ask you for a game and you will say yes, and then we go play it.

You'll need to try and get onto AIM whenever you get a chance - you'll see how this works after a short amount of time.

could we have ur aim?

It's the same as Capitalism! Check your monitor's color settings...

It's seriously hideous. It's pukey. It wasn't that colour in the last cap league i was in. My monitor colours are fine.

The RGB(red/green/blue) is 176/252/216... it's green.

The original is cyan (equal green and blue).

The main teams are NY and VAN now, too.. :/

Here is a re-classic-ized version of the ROM. The only difference from the original (i think) is that it's set to 2-player mode with penalties on. Ice colour is classic; MTL and LA are the starting teams.

nhl94_classic_fall2008_cyan.bin

Edited by smozoma

I'll give it a check when I get home...you guys can use that rom if both parties agree, etc etc. Use it at your own risk, though, as you should with all edited roms that are not released officially.

EDIT: Just noticed I hadn't used a technically "blue" color, but on my screen there's no difference. Here's an update:

nhl94_classic_fall2008_better_blue.bin