NHL'94 Forums

if i make one more post about gdl, I QUIT SEASON 5

hokkeefan

dude just get some practice in with the rom.... <_<

Hokkee why dont you put some of your hypothethical trades in here.... it should keep you busy for a while. :lol:

Yea. Remember when Marge made a special cake for Homer to ruin? We need just a special place for Hokkee to make pretend trades to keep him from Jonesin all day long.

p.s. Do trades have value to warrant staying in the GDL? You draft the players... why get rid of them after? I can see people making trades to compensate for perceived weak areas in their team..... but trading allows for people to come in with weak draft strategies and potentially make up for it with a sneaky trade (i.e. taking advantage of movers like Hokkee).

I think we should vote on trades and free agency (something with even less merit than trades) for next season. Discuss

Yea. Remember when Marge made a special cake for Homer to ruin? We need just a special place for Hokkee to make pretend trades to keep him from Jonesin all day long.

p.s. Do trades have value to warrant staying in the GDL? You draft the players... why get rid of them after? I can see people making trades to compensate for perceived weak areas in their team..... but trading allows for people to come in with weak draft strategies and potentially make up for it with a sneaky trade (i.e. taking advantage of movers like Hokkee).

I think we should vote on trades and free agency (something with even less merit than trades) for next season. Discuss

I think trades are an essential part of the uniqueness of the GDL. Personally this draft I took best avalable in some cases because I knew I could trade them in the preseason.

As far as limiting things, I'm cool with it. Maybe 3 as too little this time around but even still. If we make i 5 Hokkee would've burned them by now and be complaingin that we should have 10 etc :lol:

In the Blitz league, the trade limit is 6 players traded away or dropped to free agency. So if you trade 2 players for 2 players, that's 2/6 of your trades gone.

You also can't re-acquire a guy you got rid of (no Muller Fiasco of GDL 2).

I think trades are necessary in GDL.. for example, I screwed up my draft this season thinking I had the 72nd pick overall, when I actually had the 91st, so I ended up with Boo-urke in net. Having the option to try to fix my mistake through trades was good. I was just too lazy to bother :lol: I'll practice my goalie control this season, I guess!