NHL'94 Forums

NHLPA 93 league

gouafhg

• 2 months later...

Please. There needs to be an nhlpa '93 league. With player stats like I just saw on GDL. That would be sweet.

I like nhlpa '93 more because of the fighting. I will never forget the nhl 94 manual under the list of new features: No fighting or blood.

*gut punch*

• 4 months later...

Yes, the lack of fighting in NHL 94 really did not do well for me. I was not happy with the skating controls in 94, and I'm not quite sure a regular shot could go in. It seemed like the only ways to score were by one timers and deke moves. The one other factor in why I prefer to play NHL 93 was that you actually needed to hit the guy to make him go down, unlike in 94 where a guy would get brushed and go flying. Problems with 93? No one timers or "Here Come The Hawks" on the organ.

It's cause you were playing SNES - it takes a lot more to nail a dude in GENS. Plus, the SNES versions goalies are less intelligent, IMO - you have to be a lot more crafty in GENS: one-timers, dekes (are a lot harder in GENS to perform), Fadeaways, and crashing the net all have varying degrees of success in GENS.

• 2 months later...

Meander down a few threads and there's a head stone marking the NHLPA'93 Mini Tournament.

It was jettisoned aimlessly like a cigarette butt off the finger tips of a hobo after a month or two. Only two coaches ever completed their games, NJK and I.

Getting guys to play in it was like pulling teeth, and I doubt this type of thing would ever have any sustainable shelf life.

The framework could be setup for your guys if there's a demand. However, I'm oversexed and under worked as is and don't really have time to play, so I couldn't fill any slot.

my bad, jesus i forgot all about it.

Nah it's ok, we gave it the old college try.

At least it served as beaker to test the efficacy of the league. I no longer have to wonder if it would have ever been viable.

That's a shame. I would have liked to enter a tournament, at least. Here's hoping some brave soul will make one.