NHL'94 Forums

who will win the cup?

halifax

19 members have voted

1. 1. The 2009 Stanley Cup winner is...

• Detroit Red Wings
    • Pittsburgh Penguins

Pens should be salivating with the press release confirming that they won't have to contend with Datsyuk and Draper in game 1 tonight...

That wheel must be busted pretty good for Datsyuk to miss the opening game of the finals.

Should be interesting to see how this tilts things.

Guest Wags13
Anyone else hate this final as much as I?

If you hate this final you hate hockey. You have the perennial heavyweight in Detroit, the most successful professional sports franchise in the last 25 years, against the future heavyweight of the league in Pittsburgh. Two favorites who played that way (take notes San Jose, Boston, and Washington) now battling it out to see who can take their game to the next level. Should be great.

Pens in 6.

the series goes to 7, but then they all join together and win 145-0 on the empty cage in the final game. Hossa is then forever known as the player who unified the East and West. Hockey hostilities cease around the world.

the series goes to 7, but then they all join together and win 145-0 on the empty cage in the final game. Hossa is then forever known as the player who unified the East and West. Hockey hostilities cease around the world.

:lol:

You have the perennial heavyweight in Detroit, the most successful professional sports franchise in the last 25 years

Pens in 6.

I think the Bulls and Lakers each have 5 or 6 rings a piece in the last quarter century.. For hockey the Oilers had 5 cups from '84 to '90.. That is unless you mean totals for wins and losses, but wasn't Detroit abysmal in the 80's? With the ol' moniker "Detroit Dead Things"?

I do, being a flyers and avalance fan the past two years have been devastating for me, I'm not happy!!! :lol:

I admire the honesty bro. Watching the last couple of rounds is just so painful as a Sabres fan. Makes us realize how FAR our team is from contending again.

Drury and Briere seems like ages ago.

I'm gonna still enjoy the finals tho. If the 1st period intensity and physicality is any indication of the rest of the series, we should be in for a wild ride.

If you hate this final you hate hockey. You have the perennial heavyweight in Detroit, the most successful professional sports franchise in the last 25 years, against the future heavyweight of the league in Pittsburgh. Two favorites who played that way (take notes San Jose, Boston, and Washington) now battling it out to see who can take their game to the next level. Should be great.

Pens in 6.

Well actually, after the actual players you have, Pittsburgh doesnt have much in the prospect silo. The Guerin will be gone, then Gonchar will be gone, then you will have to separate from some players because the cap is decreasing 10M$ in the next 2 years... so yeah Future Heavyweight? Maybe Not.