NHL'94 Forums

Blitz 05 - Preseason ROM and Schedule released!

smozoma

Here's the ROM:

Blitz94_Season_05_Preseason_v10.bin

Here's the website: http://www.blitz94.com

I uploaded the schedule, but I'll allow a bit of preseason time, just in case something goes horribly wrong with some of the new game hacks.

If there are any issues, please tell me ASAP so I can get it fixed.

How to Play - where to get the emulator, how to save and upload your game.. required reading for newbies.

Big new features this season are that the database now records Time on Ice and Plus-Minus.

Hacks in this ROM:

• weight bug fix
  • assist bug fix
  • random Edit Lines bonuses removed (but the players still have hot/cold bonuses when on the ice)
  • goalies can roam a little bit farther without the puck (just a little bit)
  • slightly longer goalie whistle (2.67s instead of 2.33)
  • Plus-Minus
  • Improved Three Stars algorithm
  • improved graphics (by clockwise) - nicer sprites, etc
  • probably some other ones i'm forgetting...

Thanks to Icestorm for doing the rosters and mcarthurbsu33 for doing some graphics work (logos and uniforms for the champ teams)

I also updated some of the uniform palettes to be a bit more accurate for 1993-94. Some of the uniforms were way too bright last season, and STL looked like BUF.

I also added "A" and "B" league All Star teams based on last year's performance. Sorry if your guys didn't make it. I tried to get 2 guys from each team on there, but I think a couple teams only have 1 guy on the team.

LOL. I thought the Blues uniform actually was similar to the Islanders. I think I commented on that once.

I'm gonna check out the room soon.

À little report:

- The ROM is awesomesauce at this time. I actually like the bright yellow on the Blues' uniforms. It makes them a little more modern.

- The 5 in the Blitz 5 time box is a little enlongated, but I'll live. It's no big deal.

- The icons on the champ teams look nice. Maybe you could one day add a Blitz banner above the team logos like in GDL later on?

away habs red helmit is wtga :(

away habs red helmit is wtga :(

yeah, can't be helped.. the helmet has the be the same colour as the sweater and socks :(

maybe there is some other uniform hack around that allows separate colours, but it's not in this rom