NHL'94 Forums

Blitz 06 - Preseason ROM

smozoma

Here's the latest version of the ROM:

Blitz94_Season_06_Preseason_v10.bin

I think everything is done. Make sure your players are correct, and your lines.

I also added a new hack to this ROM: I decreased the amount of time it takes to get control of the goalie. swos tested out a few values, and apparently the original was about 333ms and now it's 250ms. So please try it out and give me some feedback about the new time. Is it too fast? Too slow? Just right?

Here's the website: http://www.blitz94.com

How to Play - where to get the emulator, how to save and upload your game.. required reading for newbies.

Hacks in this ROM:

• Decreased goalie control delay (~250ms from ~333ms)
  • weight bug fix
  • assist bug fix
  • random Edit Lines bonuses removed (the players still have hot/cold bonuses when on the ice, but you can actually see the correct ratings now)
  • goalies can roam a little bit farther without the puck (just a little bit)
  • slightly longer goalie whistle (2.67s instead of 2.33)
  • Plus-Minus stat
  • Improved Three Stars algorithm
  • improved graphics (by clockwise and swos) - nicer sprites, etc
  • probably some other ones i'm forgetting...

Thanks to beavers for doing some graphics work, and a few people gave me ROMs with rosters, but I ended up using xdeathsbloodx's version.

Old:

v01 - Blitz94_Season_06_Preseason_v01.bin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

finished most of the intro graphics tonight and put them in the ROM. still more to do, though:

1. the "Blitz 6" text that slides across the cover screen
  2. add one of the NHL/NHLPA logos back to the cover screen
  3. champ team logos and uniforms
  4. fix a couple teams with ugly uniforms
  5. Update intro credits
  6. use EARE to set the player pictures
  7. Add this season's info to database (teams/coaches/schedule..)

Yo, Smoz. Think we can get the Richers back to normal? I don't remember who drafted the forward Richer, but he's got the stats of the defenseman Richer and I wouldn't want you to recieve angry mails about that. :lol: Sorry if I made a little mixup on that.

Yo, Smoz. Think we can get the Richers back to normal? I don't remember who drafted the forward Richer, but he's got the stats of the defenseman Richer and I wouldn't want you to recieve angry mails about that. :lol: Sorry if I made a little mixup on that.

Thanks, I'll fix that. I thought I'd fixed that problem by naming the defenseman "StephaneD", but I guess there's still a problem!

Yeah, I admit it was my bad. You can just correct it now before someone wants to hang me by the balls.

Beavers has delivered unto me the updated ROM with correct logos and banners and uniforms for the champ screens. Thanks!

Todo...

• Blitz title text (the orange from last year looks looovely on the new splash screen)
  • fix the Richer issue
  • fix a couple team uniforms because they look bad

Beavers has delivered unto me the updated ROM with correct logos and banners and uniforms for the champ screens. Thanks!

Todo...

• Blitz title text (the orange from last year looks looovely on the new splash screen)
  • fix the Richer issue
  • fix a couple team uniforms because they look bad

cool thanks alot beavers :)

Recently:

• Fixed the uniforms of Ottawa, Tampa Bay, and Toronto.
  • Made the Blitz 6 slide-in graphic, but still need to put it in the ROM (tricky picking a palette for this image because I blend the edges with the background image so it looks cleaner)

Still need to:

• Find a replacement for fpb and update the teams screen with the new coach name
  • Update the clock logo
  • A few edits to the credits
  • Playoff matchups
  • ensure all the required hacks are in the ROM
  • Change instances of "NHL" to "Blitz" in the rom, if possible (might not work due to the text being different sizes)
  • update the DB

So we're pretty close now!

• 2 weeks later...

FINAL PRESEASON ROM!!

Please try it out -- I hacked it to decrease the amount of time it takes to get goalie control. Please try it out and give me some feedback: Too fast? Too slow? Just right?

I'll work on updating the website for the new season now.

Check out the first post for the ROM.

EDIT: When importing the ROM rosters to the database, I noticed Wregget was on 2 teams. I corrected it, but I won't post the updated ROM because it's a pretty small change.

Quick goalie input is great. I don't think it needs any further changes than the ones that have been made.

Everything else is great. Even the Blitz logo looks nice.