NHL'94 Forums

Where has the fun gone?

halifax

This feels like a subjective topic around who likes the older games or who likes the newer games. I mean, most people like the EASHL feature, they'll make the GM mode a lot better with online play and I'm pretty sure that though most people wouldn't make it to the NHL in real life, there's something good about making your own player and just play out the career (And you have the option of simulating whole seasons if you want to).

Of course, this isn't a knock on the older games. I just think that there's something for everyone depending on their tastes.

I love NHL '12 (at least once I figured out the work-around for being able to actually load my Be A GM mode) and its really not that hard of a game, I play on All-Star difficulty and I'm like 35-4

I'm intrigued... How easy is it to do online games and online leagues in NHL '12? What system are you on?

I'm intrigued... How easy is it to do online games and online leagues in NHL '12? What system are you on?

Playing online in NHL 12 is easy. Online Versus is the normal one guy against one guy game, but other modes like Online Shootouts and EASHL (essentially playing as one player with online human teammates) are easy to get into as well. Online leagues are actually just being implemented for the first time in NHL 13, which seems pretty cool in my books. Seems like it's just going to be like an online franchise mode with a custom amount of humans playing GM's.

And as for the easy part, it is actually quite easy, if you pardon the small redundancy. Remember that there's an online code you need to type in when you buy a new copy from either the PS3 or the X-Box 360 version and once you got that code in, you're ready to go. I think it also helps that you have an EA World account in order to use some extras you may want such as a 3d avatar for your NHL games and you can just as easily make a new account if you bought EA games such as Dragon Age.

Not true Tom, they have had online leagues since at least NHL '10 if not '09 (they put it in NHL and FIFA before they did it in Madden). NHL '13 just has even more stuff for the online leagues including an app for iPhone/Android that lets you make trades etc from your phone. And setting up leagues in it is super easy you just all have to be on the same system give the name and password to people you want in it and go. I'd be more than willing to set up an NHL '13 league on PS3 when that comes out

If only I was lucky enough to buy my copy when it comes out. It's possible I could sell my NHL 12 copy to get it.

Not true Tom, they have had online leagues since at least NHL '10 if not '09 (they put it in NHL and FIFA before they did it in Madden). NHL '13 just has even more stuff for the online leagues including an app for iPhone/Android that lets you make trades etc from your phone. And setting up leagues in it is super easy you just all have to be on the same system give the name and password to people you want in it and go. I'd be more than willing to set up an NHL '13 league on PS3 when that comes out

Hmmm I mean a league as in something similar to classic 94. You havent been able to do that so far in the series. Its super easy to play friends when you want, but there hasnt been any online leagues until the coming 13. There have always been leaderboards, as well as eashl teams, but no online leagues as far as I know.

NHL 12 review:

Pros:

- EASHL

- Online gameplay

Cons :

- Same game as NHL 09-11, but MUCH SLOWER (Must buy for Wookiee)

- Glitch Goals (Backhand forehand has 99% success rate, the other 1% is hitting the post)

- EA implemented something that doesn't allow you to score on open nets approx. 70% of the time

- Only defending tactic that is used is poke check spam

- Commentators are crap

- The ''real physics engine'' is so real that hits leave the players falling on their stomachs and not their backs 80% of the time

- Goal horns are wrong, (Ex. Buffalo has the NY Islanders goal horn)

- Speed stat has no meaning, Hal Gill can beat Carl Hagelin in a footrace, No speed burst

- Choppy animations

- Waste of money

- Fighting is garbage

- Game is worse than NHL 04, 06-11

Rating : 2/10

2 Stars for NHL 12, that's all it deserves and that's all it gets

Edited by PlabaxV2