NHL'94 Forums

SNES NHL 94 Rat Hockey Night - An idea

jbalicki10

What do you guys think of having a Rat Hockey Night for NHL94? Basically its a night we decide and people could drop in and play.

To meetup, I would setup a date and time.... Like Thursday Night 9pm-11pm cst.

We would then anyone that would like to play a pickup game to join up in teamspeak.

We would have a room in teamspeak where everyone can join in and match up.

Since we designate a date and time with multiple people you could get more matches with different people in a short amount of time.

Just an idea...

I think it would be a great idea for everyone.

AOL is fine, but it would be amazing if the group could put together a "lobby" where everyone could see who is signed in and ready to play.

I've been toying with google+ hangouts, to see if they would be appropriate. Would be nice to have something that integrated into the boards - or at least didn't require another user/password though. Hangouts have everything we would need, and allow for screensharing - meaning that you could broadcast games (a decent stream).

Would be a great time to get in league games, greet and help new recruits, perhaps make league decisions etc...

If not weekly, then at least on a regular monthly date (eg. 1st Thursday of the month).

Any other ideas?

Cheers,

Jer

Edited by jer_33

the client chat.mibbit.com is an easy way to connect to an Internet relay chat server. you could try the server irc.bladerock.net and the channel #NHL94 and see if it is something you would use. it is a chatroom that lets users talk to the group and/or chat privately with others signed in at the time of use. I'm amazed that AOL is the chat product of choice and that GENS is the emulator of choice around here! I think y'all may be stuck in the nineties or som- oh, yeah.