NHL'94 Forums

Pittsburgh flop was the coaches fault mostly

hokkeefan

A little late but the coach is an idiot and they sign him for 3 more years ,that's like van signing vigneault for another 3 years,his biggest mistake is putting fing iginla on the 3rd line,if you give iginla first line minutes with Crosby they would've at least put up a good effort but instead you play him with super washed up bum morrow,I felt sorry for iginla ,horrible horrible coaching decisions and another flop on their face again after the embarrassing exit against Philly last year ,allll that talent and score 3 goals in 4 games and benching flurry after he was half the reason they won the last cup ,rant over ,bylsma is a batch.A good comparison of bylsma with Pitts is like a C leaguer playing with all stars west

Edited by hokkeefan

absolutely in disbelief that they extended his contract. huge mistake. he's completely incapable of making adjustments. I can't think of many other times in history where a Cup contender completely fell apart in the playoffs 2 years in a row and the coach got an extension. baffling.

I think it is hella neato if you can work the chemistry to having scoring threats on each of your top 3 lines. Wouldn't say its the coaches fault the Pens fell short this year, Bylsma is a hella rad dude.

Edited by kupuck19